Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Two hints for installing & using BlueMaemo on Nokia N900 :
- install 'libeet1=1.2.2+svn41533-maemo1' before (using 'apt-get install' as root) installing BlueMaemo;
- to fix the physical keyboard focus, then follow :
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=249
i.e, with Easy Debian installed, open BlueMaemo, run in X Terminal "$ fixkbdfocus bluemaemo". Now the N900's physical keyboard will work.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Is there any other way to fix the keyboard ? :S Installing over 2 gigabytes of software just for that seems way over the top to me

I've tried a work-around mentioned in this post, but with no luck.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Originally Posted by matagyula View Post
Is there any other way to fix the keyboard ? :S Installing over 2 gigabytes of software just for that seems way over the top to me

That work-around was patched in a PR update.

The keyboard focus fix is in qoles git repo if you wish to compile it.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...me#post1136781

you can also try contacting Magic_Doc since he was trying to achieve the same thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the tip. Private messaging seems to be disabled, it's going to be hard to contact magic_doc
I don't know much about compiling tho :/

Hi,
I managed to establish the connection between my pc and n900 and everything beside the mouse is working great. You see, when I choose the mouse from the BLUEMAEMO main menu a can see the mouse cursor moving on my PC but it is not smooth move, it hacks. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by matagyula View Post

I've just come across this fix and like you I didn't want to install Easy Debian, so I compiled qobi-wmhint-fix myself from source I found on these forums* and found the contents of the fixkdbfocus script through Google, you'll also need wmctrl installed which is in extras-testing. "gunzip" the attachments, "chmod +x" them to make them executable and copy them to /usr/bin (or anywhere in your $PATH should work).

*I did come across a binary as well, but it was compiled for Easy Debian and didn't work directly on Maemo.
Attached Files
File Type: gz fixkbdfocus.gz (381 Bytes, 166 views)
File Type: gz qobi-wmhint-fix.gz (3.6 KB, 144 views)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by miroslav_s View Post
Hi,
I managed to establish the connection between my pc and n900 and everything beside the mouse is working great. You see, when I choose the mouse from the BLUEMAEMO main menu a can see the mouse cursor moving on my PC but it is not smooth move, it hacks. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Having reflashed and reinstalled everything step-by-step, I'm pretty convinced that there's some conflict between BlueMaemo and version 49 of Power Kernel - the one currently in Extras-Testing. Without that, pointer movement is as responsive as can be.

I also got the hardware keyboard fixkbdfocus trick to work, though I will try to find out how to make a shortcut icon that launches it with the command. It's pretty tedious to do every time.

The one remaining problem with BlueMaemo then is that the hardware keyboard function (blue) keys don't map to the correct characters. They're in a completely different arrangement! (The one from 810 maybe?) My workaround for this is to open the Bluemaemo soft keyboard on its special character page and use those. Works well enough I suppose, but a bit irritating. Did anyone ever find a fix for that?

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergei For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
Having reflashed and reinstalled everything step-by-step, I'm pretty convinced that there's some conflict between BlueMaemo and version 49 of Power Kernel - the one currently in Extras-Testing. Without that, pointer movement is as responsive as can be.

I also got the hardware keyboard fixkbdfocus trick to work, though I will try to find out how to make a shortcut icon that launches it with the command. It's pretty tedious to do every time.

The one remaining problem with BlueMaemo then is that the hardware keyboard function (blue) keys don't map to the correct characters. They're in a completely different arrangement! (The one from 810 maybe?) My workaround for this is to open the Bluemaemo soft keyboard on its special character page and use those. Works well enough I suppose, but a bit irritating. Did anyone ever find a fix for that?
Yes, there is definitely some conflict with Power Kernel 49; without it (rebooting into stock kernel, haven't tried on other power kernel versions) I got everything up and running superbly! Thanks for all the great advice and hints in this thread. For me in connecting to Windows 7, it didn't work to connect to Win7 from the device -- only to put Bluemaemo in wait for connection mode and then initiate the connection from Win7 - then everything worked perfect.

edit: just installed power kernel v pre50 (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2904) and it's working just as smooth as on stock. So either the problem has been solved in the new kernel or it was just a weird quirk, I suppose.

Last edited by travik; 2012-03-12 at 21:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to travik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
I've just come across this fix and like you I didn't want to install Easy Debian, so I compiled qobi-wmhint-fix myself from source I found on these forums* and found the contents of the fixkdbfocus script through Google, you'll also need wmctrl installed which is in extras-testing. "gunzip" the attachments, "chmod +x" them to make them executable and copy them to /usr/bin (or anywhere in your $PATH should work).

*I did come across a binary as well, but it was compiled for Easy Debian and didn't work directly on Maemo.
Thanks mate, it's working brilliant.

I've just made a QBW which starts bluemaemo, waits a few seconds and then issues fixkbdfocus.
See attachement. (You'll need sudser installed)
Change used Icon if desired I took one from aw0ken-theme.

Greetz,

J4ZZ
Attached Files
File Type: txt BlueMaemo.txt (2.0 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by J4ZZ; 2012-04-13 at 18:14.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Thanks retsaw and J4ZZ - the two executables with this QBC widget work great.

Just a tip if it's not working for some after copying the scripts to /usr/bin - as root in xterm, type fixkbdfocus and check the output. I got a message about gxmessage not being found. Apt-get install gxmessage didn't work, however gxmessage is installed with gmessage, so install that and you should be fine.

Tags
bluemaemo, bluetooth, hid