Active Topics

Has anybody some info regarding it would be possible to program an A2DP driver for the 770 or if the hardware is limiting this possibility?

Is this something Nokia is planning?

Has been googling around with no clear information about this.

Regards,
Rune

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Lyon, France
You'll find the current development of this driver following the links on Maemo (http://bluetooth-alsa.sf.net/maemo/). But it seems these development are stopped and the chief of the Nokia 770 projet told that something like an A2DP driver was being developed but delayed because of the ToIP software incorporated in the 2006 software suite.

db

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
That makes sense, Gourmet. The 2006 software should start a new round of development.

I did a quick test with an a2dp headset a few months ago, and the standard Linux a2dp setup. It worked just fine except that it wasn't real time. I believe that if you either put in an integer-only optimized conversion routine, or pre-converted your audio files, you'd be able to use an a2dp headset with no problem.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by bhima
I did a quick test with an a2dp headset a few months ago, and the standard Linux a2dp setup. It worked just fine except that it wasn't real time. I believe that if you either put in an integer-only optimized conversion routine, or pre-converted your audio files, you'd be able to use an a2dp headset with no problem.
Beyond the A2DP driver it would be useful to have the AVRCP driver also in order for the headset to be able to send controls to the tablet.
Does this driver exist in a standard Linux distribution ?
db

The Following User Says Thank You to Gourmet For This Useful Post:
Hey

I have been working on this albeit slowly... I got the SBC codec working without any 64-bit math a couple of weeks ago so it will be a lot faster. There are occasional glitches from a math overflow I need to look at...

The gstreamer stuff is very cool and well thought out but writing plugins is complex. I have been trying to get the sbc encoder into a gstreamer plugin but haven't quite hammered it all out.

The prototype builds great in scratchbox by the way. (see cvs project btsco.) Not having to mess around with the cross-compile setup is nice.

http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/maemo/

brad

Any news regarding driver?
BTW: I tried connect mono BT headset without success :-( - it was recognisable as BT device (as phone) but reject connection to establish audio transmission - I wanted to use it together with Gizmo.
Any Tips?