Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
ukdutypaid - what JohnX says is correct, A2DP is available in OS2008 but it isn't enabled by default as it's not finished and still needs improving (such as DSP support). In order to enable A2DP in OS2008 you only need to edit one config file, which is easy to do with xterm but if you don't like getting your hands dirty it shouldn't be too difficult for someone to build a package to accomplish the task which you then install via the Application Manager.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
ukdutypaid - what JohnX says is correct, A2DP is available in OS2008 but it isn't enabled by default as it's not finished and still needs improving (such as DSP support). In order to enable A2DP in OS2008 you only need to edit one config file, which is easy to do with xterm but if you don't like getting your hands dirty it shouldn't be too difficult for someone to build a package to accomplish the task which you then install via the Application Manager.
Guys and certainly your good self, Milhouse. I certainly don't wish to come across as churlish, it's more Nokia raking it in and making you lot do all the work, with the poor consumer having to take a crash course in Linux. Certainly you lot should be given one, if you're doing all this work for them.
I'm certainly (and I'm sure that goes for many) aren't going to fork out 300 quid/600 bucks to then have to start fiddling with it.
Hell the whole area is complicated enough as it is...
I suppose it's a case of "Do I want one enough?"
We've all bought and ended up with useless gadgets. Perhaps I just don't understand enough (DSP/Bluez, being two cases in point), with my desire for it to work out of the box.

I'll see how things pan out.

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
I now have A2DP working with KAGU on my N800. I find that the music cuts in and out (choppy) frequently. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I don't know if this is of any help. I've had -- and have reported in this forum -- the same problem. However, I loaded the new version of Kagu last night and the problem -- for now -- seems to have disappeared! Try it yourself and let us know if my initial impression is correct.

I installed kagu last night for the first time. Version 1.0.10-2

Seems that the new version can still lead to choppy reception?

A2DP is extremely compute-intensive right now. High bitrate codecs / complex codecs and multiple other apps running will probably cause stuttering.

Thank you for the responses, ascherjim and aleksandyr. Its pretty good when solely playing music. It gets very choppy when I start to browse, etc at the same time as playing music. I am not sure if the 2.4 GHz band can cause interference with bluetooth transmission/reception. But I did notice that the choppiness is practically non-existent at work, which is a wifi dead zone. As opposed to my house which has two AP's, and a bunch more in the vicinity. Just an emperical observation.

I used this procedure to install it on my N810 but after I was done and my headset worked I could not turn on the N810 after I had switched it off.

Seems that the sbc-svn_20070608-1_armel.deb package is responsibe for this behaviour.

See also the thread:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...400#post105400

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
These instructions are not compatible with OS 2008.

Haha, what a muppet. I've gone ahead and bought one of these things now..
So a2dp don't work, if you upgrade it to OS08.
Come on guys this thing is a fancy developers box..
n82, p1i, anybody... out of the box...?
There's a guy posting on another thread... "Complete newbie to linux". I feel for the guy...
I'll take it to my mates, when I stay for Xmas, then it's going on Ebay, me thinks....
Make it a phone (sorry, what's the company who make it known for? Is it Dell, ASUS, no it's Nokia) , give me FM, hell bluetooth stereo and I'll come back to it..

This things for you guys, not the techi, interested consumer.....

Nokia make it, we pay for their market testing and then you lot develop it for 'em....

Yes I'm being mean, 'cos I've got the hump.... lol

Last edited by ukdutypaid; 2007-12-18 at 00:54.