Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Is anyone driving this train wreck? Ok, mixed metaphor or not, this subforum is full of entries not conforming to Brainstorm SOP and so is brainstorm itself. After reading through all three stickies, it seems all activity to clean up and otherwise make Brainstorm a useful tool (ie more focused and structured than the rest of t.m.o) ended in 2009.

Seems that brainstorm is bootstrapped so well it has completely run away from the purpose at hand.

Is there something i can do here to help fix this? Need someone not afraid to get blood on his hands? :P

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Quim has been on vacation and I've been overloaded.
Ah, well that explains it then. And it's just a two man show?

If there's not a reason to keep the moderator count very low for brainstorm, i volunteer to help as time allows. I guess you had better explain how things are done if that is to happen, because my inclination is to just go through and delete all the one-post, structureless threads, and i suspect that's not the politically correct way.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I will put in a request to get you mod status and hope it goes through. I trust you. I've also asked chemist if he's interested.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
I will put in a request to get you mod status and hope it goes through. I trust you. I've also asked chemist if he's interested.
just do... I will dress up with my nice, black and worn BOFH t-shirt...

The Following User Says Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
And it's just a two man show?
Yes, well, I should be helping more in this forum, but except in those rare cases when Texrat has specifically requested assistance, I've done little more here than delete offensive posts. I'm clearly failing the community in this, and I feel guilty about it, but I find the entire brainstorming process massively overwhelming and confusing. So, given a seemingly limitless supply of threads to move and merge in other forums, I've neglected this one. Sorry.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Don't sweat it Stephen-- December was a rough month and this thing caught fire. I feel guilty for neglect too but it was this or community outreach and I made a judgment call.

Are you able to make Flandry and chemist moderators here or do I need to hit Reggie up?

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Who authorised Quim to take a holiday?? I didn't get the memo. OMG WTF Nokia should never allow this!!!

(Seriously, if there's anything I can do by spotting stuff and flagging it for attention, just yell. I visit most places pretty regularly)

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
I think we need to categorize brainstorm at the forums, it will grow with time and we should think of a solution for it. automation progresses will be set up some time but till then we need another help. I didnt start a brainstorm as this is something mods should decide how they like to handle it for now.
I got no mod abilities so 'you' are still two... having p[re,ost]fixes for "asked for brainstorm item", "brainstorm setup but not linked in starting post" and "proper brainstorm entry" would be one idea.
additional subforums dividing "features", "programs", "maemo.org" may be needed in future days to have better overview.

The Following User Says Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Are you able to make Flandry and chemist moderators here...
Well, 1. I'm not sure Reggie wants me promoting anyone, and 2. I don't see anything that would allow me to do so if I had the go-ahead.

...or do I need to hit Reggie up?
Yep.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Can someone please set the subject of this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37034 from [Under consideration] SyncML support in Maemo5 to:"[In development] SyncML support in Maemo5!" The reason could be read there (see first solution): http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...rt_for_maemo5/

Thanks

Me on twitter