Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
i want to know if it posible to increase the volume of audio transmiting from tge N900 to the radio?

the volume noise isn't loud enough comparing to other radio stations. I have to keep on changing the volume up and down when i want to switch to other station or cd player.

The noise is very quiet even with the volumemto the maximum.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denver, CO -> Italy

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
he doesn't want to know how to amplify the signal.
he wants to know how to turn the volume up because the radio stations are louder.
so when he changes from phone transmission to any radio station it's too loud.

to the topic: i have no idea how to raise volume above the maximum on the phone, sorry :/

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denver, CO -> Italy
maybe if he amplify the signal he is going to have some results since he shoulg get a stronger-higher signal....that may increase the volume too.

I don't remember if in that topic they talk also about volume

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
i want to know if it posible to increase the volume of audio transmiting from tge N900 to the radio?

the volume noise isn't loud enough comparing to other radio stations. I have to keep on changing the volume up and down when i want to switch to other station or cd player.

The noise is very quiet even with the volumemto the maximum.
there is no way your tablet can compare to fcked up compressors of radio stations. google "loudness war" if you want to know more.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
hmmm .. for me the N900 volume does not play any role in the volume on the radio ..

but, if the n900 is mute, there will be no reception on the radio ..

Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
hmmm .. for me the N900 volume does not play any role in the volume on the radio ..

but, if the n900 is mute, there will be no reception on the radio ..
for me it does, it gets lounder/softere just as if it was playing from line out on the N900, so always turn the volume up to max even with the FM transmitter.

way too many radio stations in my area not one open frequency so I cant use it in my car to any good effect, works good indoors though if I place it next to a radio.

For me it's either "mute" "less loud and "a little more loud", stance that can be applied in two clicks starting from mute. Tuning the volume up has no further effect.

What ossipena is trying to say is that your output is not amplified. If you were a techy kid you should know there's no party without an amplifier. To test it simply connect an mp3 player to a speaker directly and you'll see the db output is incredibly small.

More multimedia oriented devices such as dvd player may have a built in amplifier, however this is very rare.
Even connecting your pc to a "rough" speaker won't yield any useful output. Remember that if your speaker plugs in (aka. is powered) it means it has a built in amplifier.

Amplifiers require quite some power and increasing the output volume on N900 is useless since your car already has an amplifier that can boost the volume more than enough (mine's @ 25%, everything above is LOUD to cracking your ear drums).

Hope this clears things up.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norway
Every radiotransmitter has a very distinct loudness level where it begins to distort the transmitted signal. You need to keep the output below this level to maintain good sound quality.

Most commercial radiostations has a box on the output signal called a compressor. It is used to make the sound 'louder' without crossing the distortion level. It is a spesific process , many think it ruins the sound quality, but it is very broadly used in broadcasting.

The n900 lacks this processing, so while it probably broadcast at the same dB levels , it will not sound as loud.