Posts: 46 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2008 @ London
Even after reflashing, rebooting and formatting the internal memory card, i cant open a number of applications. They just close themselves down within a fraction of a second. For example When I try to open the maps application, which i used to love using very much, the little [Maps - loading] box comes up and after that a blank window titled with the title of the application, in this case Maps appears for a fraction of a second before closing it self down. Very annoying. The same happens for email which loads but dosen't show up at all. The rest of my applications work fine. Oh, and it happened with maemo mapper before i had reflashed.

Please help me. Please.
And can somebody tell me how you 'Thank' people for their replys, i can say thank you easy but not in that.. green way.

Thanks...

Last edited by *the_newbie*; 2008-06-04 at 00:15.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Texas/Earth/Sol System/Milky Way/Local Group/Hubble Bubble/Infinity
Hi;

I've only had my N810 for two days, not an expert. I've had your problem happen very occasionally. I'm wondering if I'm hitting a button without realizing it. Overall mine is very stable. Pidgin is crashing on me, but no other apps. Try installing load-applet; it will run on the status bar and tell you when the n810 has high cpu utilization.

What version of the OS is running? (control panel , about product). I'm running 2.2007.51-3, obtained yesterday.

Regarding the green thanks - can you provide details? All I have to do is click on it. BTW, when posting from the n810, I use the Mobile I interface ; it does not have the "Thanks" button. but it is a lot easier and faster to use.

Steve

The Following User Says Thank You to stevecrye For This Useful Post:
Ello again

I've checked and I'm running the same version of the OS as you. ive tried reflashing but i have the same problem. maemo maps works now though and ive installed the load applet and I have a low cpu.
Dont know what 2 do.

Oh, and I cant see the thanks button.

Shall I post what happens on youtube?

The Following User Says Thank You to *the_newbie* For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Texas/Earth/Sol System/Milky Way/Local Group/Hubble Bubble/Infinity
Hi;

Sure, youtube would be cool. Hey other members with big pulsating brains - jump in here!

On a semi-related note, I was being driven MaD by my screen intermittently going dim. Last night I realized I was covering the light senor with my thumb. ( my daughter called me a 'tard again).

Regarding the missing thanks button - try the "classic" view. I can see it when using classic, but not mobile I or mobile II.

Steve

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by *the_newbie* View Post
...I cant see the thanks button.
Have you confirmed the email address you've registered with the fora? The "Thanks!" button does not appear for users without confirmed email addresses. Also, it never appears in a few, select forums, such as "Off-Topic".

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
I might have found it..

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by *the_newbie* View Post
I might have found it..
Yep, looks like you got it!

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
ive just posted it to yout tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuNd9YGkGf4
The quality is a little crappy becuase I recorded with my phone.

Hmmm.

Watching your vid, it seems like you went to Extras to run Map. On my n810, it is the first app in the My Selection Section.

Have you tried uninstalling Map and re-installing?

Sorry I am not much help. I'm very new here.

I wonder if you could get the attention of more experts if you re-post in the troubleshooting section?

Steve

Hi;

I saw this in another thread:
Just a note to anybody who stumbles across this thread later on, the "Map" application doesn't fail gracefully if its settings and/or map database is corrupted. If this is the case, it will crash as it's opening. This happens if the map download gets interrupted for whatever reason.

The way to solve this is to remove the map folder on the internal memory card and redownload your maps.

krisse, it may be worth putting up an article on this, as it's a fairly common occurrence.
This sounds a lot like the problem you are having.

Steve