Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Setting that to disabled and making an app which listens and waits for two power button presses makes a lock screen concept possible.
Cool.. so imaging a Qt app listening to the power button presses, on two presses it makes a call to unlock the screen
Code:
mDbusInterface->call(MCE_TKLOCK_MODE_CHANGE_REQ, "unlocked");
It then displays the app in full screen (showFullScreen()) view with two bubble images, for example.. one draggable and the other static. When the draggable bubble is dragged so it's position overlaps the position of the another bubble the application sends a system call to do whatever that bubble does..

Not quite the same but maybe could work...

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2011-02-05 at 03:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Technically, it can be done, but see my edited post again.
Also, it's quite interesting that themes have a portrait lock screen image/icon, and the plugin has:
_HILDON_WM_ACTION_NO_TRANSITIONS
_HILDON_PORTRAIT_MODE_SUPPORT
_HILDON_PORTRAIT_MODE_REQUEST
set on it, so it should rotate in portrait mode, yet I don't know why it doesn't.

Edit: ha, it flips to some inverted state when forced to with CTRL+SHIFT+R, so you have to hold the phone upside down in portrait mode to see it properly, so I guess it was disabled on purpose.

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2011-02-05 at 03:41.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Awwww, man... Now i want an N8 even more

How does this perform on the N8 BTW, any problems?
Installed it on my N8 today and glad to say it runs beautifully. I cannot believe how well it works even in beta form. its so clever that I can almost say "please replace my UI with this!"

No reason why it cant be ported over to N900. Uses some pretty good use of transparency/translucency effects from OpenGL with optimised bitmaps. very impressive!!

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Please please please please please Make Pubbles Bubbles for N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by bchliu View Post
Installed it on my N8 today and glad to say it runs beautifully. I cannot believe how well it works even in beta form. its so clever that I can almost say "please replace my UI with this!"

No reason why it cant be ported over to N900. Uses some pretty good use of transparency/translucency effects from OpenGL with optimised bitmaps. very impressive!!
isn't it possible to access the filesystem on symbian and check if its written in qtquick (.qml files)?

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-02-05 at 11:37.

Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
yes, thanks for... explaining the obvious.
i linked to that because i'm accusing nokia of stealing that idea and releasing it for another platform. it's totally something they would do.
And why do you think Nokia stole it?
Digia is finnish software company that makes soft for Nokia among others.
Much more likely is that Nokia liked the Digias concept and gave it a green light for beta labs.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
it seems like stealing from US because they concept was written for meego. they should release the source

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
When MohammadAG is on the job then you know a port is gonna happen

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
it seems like stealing from US because they concept was written for meego. they should release the source
Seriously...what do you mean "Us"..Nokia and Intel own MeeGo along with a number of other companies.

This concept now production from Nokia was also used by Qualcomm to demo their processors.

Its nothing new, Nokia has just got out the gate first and done it brilliantly.

Nobody owes you anything...dont forget that

The Following User Says Thank You to colm.smyth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
???
Don't tell me what I should think. Fine, its not stolen. They're still *******s for taking something from MeeGo that was demonstrated on n900 direct to the N8. It's my opinion, based on how Nokia treats Maemo. How much work would it be to release it for us? Whatever... I don't really care, it looks stupid to me honestly.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2011-02-06 at 01:19.

Tags
n8-00, qt xxx, symbian, uixxx