Notices

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Smooth-op View Post
I found the answer to this myself...the icon isn't in the > menu > other anymore but in 'Settings'......phewwww
Yes, a lot of users asked for a control panel applet(makes more sense IMO), sorry I forgot to update the description

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Florence, Italy
Well you certainly had me in a panic for 45 minutes until I got the brainstorm of looking in Control Panel as a last resort. ......... panic apart many thanks for a very smart app!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsqzYljESFo

Made by myself ^_^ This animation is a year old or so, but I thought it was still nice to use it as BootScreen . Made with C4D.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London
Hi.......guys of the MC, I just got the boot screen app....after a treacherous hunt for the extra-devel repositories.....(but it keeps on saying "Application list is partially refreshed some catalogs unavailable. Check catalog details", When I click on it shows me the failed catalog is Maemo Extras-devel, despite this I still get the extra level apps, but I don't think all of them as the message above indicates. It has left me a lil confused, the app manager is running smoothely though.) Concerning the boot screen app, I was wondering if there was a website dedicated to providing a variety of boot videos for the N900 for download? I apologize if all of this has already been discussed and solved in previous threads, I just got my N900 this month and am still just taking baby steps with it before I go full throttle with it.

Hello everyone, I've managed to change the boot screen, it looks great but has much lower volume level than it should. Tried to change the master volume and restart but it doesn't change the situation nor changing the profile does. Anyone with solution for this 'problem'? Maybe modification of some .conf file used by the Hildon Welcome application?

Thanks in advance,
Bobi

Last edited by gfinetin; 2010-04-10 at 22:33.

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Pandora
Sidharth's Boot Vid

Hey guys am using this as my boot Vid. feels Great and apt during a show off to others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7m4n0gxz3c

Even nokia is not advertising about ma phone. , But i have ma own way of making it popular. Customizin it in ma own way.

Last edited by xtreemneo; 2010-04-12 at 14:00.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
How about making one with just the black background, and none of the "Open minds. Open Sources..." stuff on it?

These look really good, it's just that it looks like an AD now I'd like to just have Maemo appear and kick a little *** and fade out Or "orange out" like seems to be the custom in these videos of yours.

can someone explain to a maemo newbie how to do this

Any reason why the download links don't work?

There's a few peeps that are interested in using one of the OP's boot videos.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Any reason why the download links don't work?

There's a few peeps that are interested in using one of the OP's boot videos.
Noticed my server has been down for about 24h.. I am not home at the moment so I can check it. I will be later tonight. The links will work in a few hours..

Tags
boot video, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, startup video, video, yd config