Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Welcome to Penguinbaits Blog

So far its mostly re-documenting stuff I have already done, new projects will also be posted out here.

There is a link to a chat page that will allow you to join #maemo on Freenode if you have some questions for the guru's that hang out there.

There is a maemo RSS feed for keeping up with Penguinbaits maemo related babblings.

Looking forward to your comments and sugestions. This is still under development and more will follow.

**NOTICE**
There will be several changes going on at penguinbait.com and tablethacker.com. I have a mess of incomming links from around the world. I will be moving things around and hopefully access to all remains unchanged. If you use a link to either site and it goes dead, please be sure to let me know, so I can fix it or let you know the new location.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-09-24 at 22:46.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Looks very nice. Clean and readable!

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
I'm not much for eye-candy..in general.. but d*mn the site looks nice! Very good! The column width is perfect too. Thumbs up!

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Great! Looks nice, how about an 800x400 version?
/edit - after I made a comment I just got a blank screen.
PLEASE use the Wiki

The Following User Says Thank You to gemniii42 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
after I made a well-reasoned, well-thought-out comment, it was deleted.

perhaps he should stick to being a "tablet techy guy" and save the political punditry for others.

Well.. you and I are about opposites in the political arena PB... but - Good luck with the blog.. and I still thank ya for all the work on the tablet packages .
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by briand View Post
after I made a well-reasoned, well-thought-out comment, it was deleted.

perhaps he should stick to being a "tablet techy guy" and save the political punditry for others.
My polls were messing up also after doing an upgrade from 2.6.1 to 2.6.2 of wordpress. I have not deleted ANY comments nor have I not approved any comments. So please post it again. Sorry for any inconvenience.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
looks really nice! will be stepping around, every once in a while. I was a bit surprised about the Bush post, but hey, its your blog and i dislike him as well. From my point of view (I don't live in the US) democrats ideals are closer to mine, (I consider myself pro-life, though) and would much prefer to see your country in the hands of Obama than McCain. After all whatever the US does, ends up affecting the rest of the world. ANYWAY.......Great Blog, and keep it up!

The Following User Says Thank You to eliagp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eliagp View Post
looks really nice! will be stepping around, every once in a while. I was a bit surprised about the Bush post, but hey, its your blog and i dislike him as well. From my point of view (I don't live in the US) democrats ideals are closer to mine, (I consider myself pro-life, though) and would much prefer to see your country in the hands of Obama than McCain. After all whatever the US does, ends up affecting the rest of the world. ANYWAY.......Great Blog, and keep it up!
Thanks, I imagine the Bush hating will turn off some (hell he only has about 25% approval rating) Who approves of him, I just don't know?

I am pro-life and pro-choice. I do not think it has to be one side, and exlcude the other. I do not believe in abortions, I would council anyone away from an abortion. I would however not condenm or prevent anyone from getting one. Should a rape victim be forced to give birth? Should a woman who could die from childbirth be forced to risk her life? I like Obama's statement, we may not agree on abortion, but I think I can agree on a solution to bring an end to so many unwanted pregnancies.

What can I say, it's my blog, so it has my opinions

I did however create a RSS feed for those who only want maemo related posts and not my political ramblings.
http://tablethacker.com/wp/?tag=maemo&feed=rss2

I like this quote from. "You can't bring me down", by Suicidal Tendencies

Before you go taking a walk in my world
you better take a look at the real world
Cause this ain't no Mister Roger's Neighborhood
Can you say "feel like s h i t?"
Yea maybe sometimes I do feel like s h i t
I ain't happy 'bout it, but I'd rather feel like s h i t than be full of s h i t!
And if I offended you, oh I'm sorry
But maybe you need to be offended
But here's my apology and one more thing...f u c k you!

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
I also think that it always depends on circunstances. I think people get to caught on the black and white ideals, not considering shades of grey. However,while I would tolerate cases of abortions, I would never really approve one. I guess we think alike on that matter.
While I usually don't like to get caught in politics, I think than a democrat goverment would suit you guys better. I am currently hoping for a right wing goverment in my country, but thats a whole different story. (And different types of politics)

Tags
blog, clone, kde, penguinbait