Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
I just noticed that the interface of the CompUSA is very similar to the interface of TigerDirect.com (same parent company?). Anyway, after checking TigerDirect, it would appear that they also have the N810 listed at $299.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...156&srkey=n810

Tigerdirect.ca seems behind the curve and is listing the unit at $451.99.. Hardly a deal...

}:^)~
YARR!

Corruption from without
CompUSA the retail store was liquidated, the online site/brand was sold off to Systemax, which is the parent company of TigerDirect, so probably why their interface is similar. Not sure why Tiger Direct doesn't have the same price.

edited: Just checked TigerDirect.com has the same price, I guess they don't want to extend the deal to Canadians .

Last edited by pataphysician; 2008-07-17 at 22:59.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
I just noticed that the interface of the CompUSA is very similar to the interface of TigerDirect.com (same parent company?).
Yes.

Originally Posted by zfigz View Post
Argh! I just ordered mine from Amazon...I'm tempted to take it back and order from Comp...ARGH!
As Amazon has dropped their price, get the difference refunded.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
NO!!! lol I just bought my n810 for 360$ from buy.com, now they're selling it for 300$ everywhere! haha this always happens to me. lol
I don't know about the US, but in EU you have 14 days to return a product for any reason provided its intact (resellable). There are some exclusions to this law e.g. perishable food, underwear...

don't forget the additional $20 cashback if paid with paypal for compusa. I got mine in about a month for the N800 i bought a couple of months ago.

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
sigh
Price here in Denmark is 700$ for the N810...

I really gotta move.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Philadelphia, PA
Nice drop. I just bought mine a few weeks ago from Newegg fro $349 and now they are up to $399. Since the N810w has such a small market I'd doubt they'd drop the regular N810 because it was closer to launch. They are too similar...

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Originally Posted by nikolajhendel View Post
sigh

I really gotta move.
I have a house in California. Do you want to buy/trade it?

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
I have a house in California. Do you want to buy/trade it?
Don't tempt me, lived ½ a year north of SD in Encinitas - best time I ever had.
I would take you up on it, if it wasn't for a pending immigration to Australia (if those Aussies will ever look at applications).

- sorry for the hijack.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
joshv: Check with your credit card company. Many Platinum cards have a purchase/price protection guarantee.

I know mine (Bank of America) does and have heard reports that Chase and Citibank do the same.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by nikolajhendel View Post
sigh

I really gotta move.
So buy it from e.g. eBay UK or eBay DE. Advantage over US: full 3 years waranty. If you import from USA you have higher transport costs, as well as you may have to pay certain taxes. I bought my N810 for 300 EUR about 3 months ago, from eBay UK.