I have ordered the Transcend 16GB microSD Card Class 6 with build in ECC Function. I bought it because of the price ($67.99 with free shipping from Buy.com). It did not occur to me to ask here if the brand is any good, and if a class 6 card would drain the batteries of an N810 any faster than a class 4 or 2.

Thanks in advance for any and all comments.

I've been using two 16 gig Transcend SD cards, class 6, for over 6 months now, and had no trouble whatsoever. Granted the micro vs. SD is a difference, but Transcend is a good name. Class 6 is fine, it won't have an effect on battery draw.

Joe

The Following User Says Thank You to Justjoe For This Useful Post:
Dude, 16gb class 6 are down to $68?? Whoa. Ok, I'm impressed. Sounds like it's time to go shopping for 16gb class 2's now.

Originally Posted by Justjoe View Post
I've been using two 16 gig Transcend SD cards, class 6, for over 6 months now, and had no trouble whatsoever. Granted the micro vs. SD is a difference, but Transcend is a good name. Class 6 is fine, it won't have an effect on battery draw.

Joe
Thanks. I will be getting an N810, so I don't get to choose the size of the card, unfortunately (got a regular SD card, 16GB that I got for my TX, never got to used because the TX died on me, just backing up PC files with it at the moment).

I have a 16gb regular sdhc card from a N800 I sold. I access the media files on the card from my N810 using a card reader.

The Following User Says Thank You to ch88xy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ch88xy View Post
I have a 16gb regular sdhc card from a N800 I sold. I access the media files on the card from my N810 using a card reader.
Using a card reader from your N810? Wow, I would be interested in learning how to do that. Sounds like it would be better to do that, than to remove the MicroSD from the device to copy files to and from the pc. I wonder if it is as simple as plugi and play.

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Originally Posted by civil View Post
Using a card reader from your N810? Wow, I would be interested in learning how to do that. Sounds like it would be better to do that, than to remove the MicroSD from the device to copy files to and from the pc. I wonder if it is as simple as plug and play.
There are several ways to access data on the N810 from your PC:
  • a card reader of course ! (use USB host mode ). The host mode can even let you access a portable hard drive (see this), connect to a wired ethernet adapter, USB keyboard (if you don't have bluetooth keyboard), .....
  • enable windows PC to share folders; then copy files back and forth through shared folders. But it's unreliable.
  • use sshfs (see this) . It becomes my favorite now.

I am using 16G SDHC on my N810 with SD adapter waiting for 32G price coming down a bit!

The Following User Says Thank You to nhanquy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nhanquy View Post
I am using 16G SDHC on my N810 with SD adapter waiting for 32G price coming down a bit!
Wow, thanks for the information, I will have to try it sometime with my 64GB flash stick, when I get my N810.
Right now I am really annoyed that Buy.com automatically cancelled the N810 part of my order because of a supposed problem with my address (yet they shipped everything else). Still waiting for my refund so I can try again.

Is 16g the highest capacity card you can get for the N810 without the hardware change to accept SD cards (referenced in another thread here).

I'm about to pull the trigger on a tablet from Buy.com and would like to order the highest capacity card available.

One other question...are there two card slots on the 810 or one...I believe I've read a couple of different things this evening in researching this.

Thx!

I bought both my 16 gig class 6 cards for $29 each. If you have a Frys Electronics store near you, you can catch them for sale every 3-4 weeks. The brands are Kingston and Patriot. Don't buy them from their online store because they kill you with the shipping.
I don't have a Fry's store here in Hawaii but I have a friend get me one in California when they are on sale. Then he drops it in an envelope and send it to me for 42 cents (instead of $10-$25 shipping cost).