Notices

I did search the forum but i did not find any application like this.

I would like to record my daily drive to work with the N900 .
That works with the normal N900 app. I Would realy like that the GPS speed would be included in the movie and/or shown when recording .

Is this possible to make an app for that, or does the cam only work with software of the N900?

I realy would like to hear it from you guy's .

Kind regards
Pinni3

The Following User Says Thank You to Pinni3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Southampton, UK
Hi

Such an application should be possible as the camera and GPS aren't locked down to specific applications, not sure how hard it would be to embed the speed within the video stream but I'm sure it's plausible - might look into this later when I finish work.

Peter

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Nice idea. Create a brainsorm idea for this.

Tnx for the responds. The movie idea i had for a long time but i am not the programer type . Rather a brave tester . Hope this is realy possible how do i create a brain storm

Kind Regards
Pinni3

Last edited by Pinni3; 2010-01-08 at 12:42.

Good idea! =)
Would love to see this in action.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sorocaba, Brasil
Well, presumably, something could be hacked together in order to do that by means of gstreamer and python.

gstreamer deploys a plugin that overlays any text over a video source:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/dat...xtoverlay.html
by means of a gstream pipeline more or less like the following:
v4l2src ! textoverlay text="Test" valign=top halign=left
I even tried to use that pipeline as the default video source by messing in my gconf gstreamer setting, hoping that the default camera app would pick it and use it, doing the following in the xterm:
gconftool-2 -s /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/videosrc --type string 'v4l2src ! textoverlay text="test" valign=top halign=left'
but it didn't work. This could mean the the camera app does not use this gconf setting, but a hardcoded pipeline. I should inspect the source code.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Wouldn't it be a LOT easier to log GPS and film video independently and then play them in sync?

There already are app out there that log GPS and film. Just compute speed and overlay.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

ok i was thinking about the front end for it :

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Merge request: this thread to http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39839 in Brainstorm

Thanks