Today i discovered this site and possibilitys.

You register your desktop pc once on the site, then you can remotely connect to your desktop with any webbrowser like VNC. It also works when the desktop is behind a router... Very smart.

It works with the Nokia 700 as a viewer !!
It is free for home use.

To get it work you only have to change the one parameters:.

Default remote control=HTML (ActiveX=standard)

gr, Hans

Last edited by Hybride; 2005-12-27 at 17:55.

Any word on the security of this software? Done wrong this could end up being a hacker free-for-all.

Wow, i'm going to try this right now!

I use logmein on my laptop a lot, it seems pretty secure unless somebody discovers your password to login to their site AND password to the machine you want to remotely control.

There appear to be a lot of reviews linked from their site at
https://secure.logmein.com/go.asp?page=newsarchive

Goolge substantiated several of the companies links.

"To get it work you only have to change the one parameters:.

Default remote control=HTML (ActiveX=standard)"

hey man

where and how do i change that>??

Once you login and connect to the remote computer you have a couple of options - (one is to connect to the remote computer OR remote controL) choose the option for preferences i think; and you can make the change. Then connect using the remote control.

I have it working but the screen refresh is v slow. anybody else having this prob?

yea got it working but its so slow its about
unuseable

well i change my resolution from 3200x1200 dual monitors to 800x 600 single and the refresh is a TAD faster but not by much. I could prob use it to check to see if i had a file, or some other simple task... but by no means could i really accomplish anything by using this program, its just to damn slow

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ New York
I have been unable to get logmein to work.

Im trying to access my home computer(with vista home) on it.
I have my firewall off....and have contacted the company and they didn't anser myquestions.

Does one have to download any patches to get it to work on vista.(home)..or does one have to open up any ports?

Thanks alot!

The ideal VNC would be, you could wake up lan.

Imagine this, you are at a starbucks, and you are just bored to death. You VNC into your computer, start up a SSH program. Start up Open SSH on your n800, transfer the movie to your N800 wirelessly. After that you decide to that you want to download.. lets say, Ubuntu, so you start up the torrent client and load that up as well and it begins downloading.

All from a chair at starbucks