Notices

Hi there, I'm looking for an app/script that will run some prime-tests on a N900.
The reason I'm asking is because my N900 doesn't like to be clocked at lower voltages, it'll cause fileysstem-corruption and crashes.
Even the ideal profile (used on nitdroid by default) causes glitches on my phone, so I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones.
I can however clock all the way to 950MHz at the stock voltages but that'll cause heavy battery-drainage of course.

So an app or script that would for example clock it at 250MHz @ stock voltage and then runs some primes to see how the cpu handles it, and then goes one voltage step lower and run the test again, untill the primes start failing.
Then it should try the next frequency @ stock voltage, run prime test, lower voltage, run prime test again etc..

The outcome would be a list of frequencies at the lowest possible voltage for the device.

It would be a good thing since then you know for sure that the voltage used for the frequency will not glitch and cause corruption/crashes etc.
Because you never know how stable your voltages/frequencies are even if you don't encounter crashes.

I guess the device should be on the ac-adapter and all other apps/daemons that write to the filesystem should be temporary stopped when the tests are running.

Any ideas?

An idea would be to use: YEAFFT and Glucas which can calculate primes using Lucas-Lehemer tests.
It does support x86 macros but it can also be compiled for other platforms using pure C.
I could compile it for the N900 and see how it would perform.
If it works and the selftests are a reliable way to determine stability, then I would need some info regarding setting kernel frequencies/voltages and some tips on howto boot the n900 in read-only mode.

An idea would to compile titan's kernel with the filesystem embedded in the initramfs with just busybox, the tools to set voltage/frequency and gllucas to determine wetter we have a stable frequency/voltage combination.

Then after the tests are finished we clock to a stable freq/voltage, mount the internal memory partition, and copy the results so we can set up kernel-power and power.conf for nitdroid.