Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
well, all depends of the support from vendors. If nokia intel do this alone I doubt it will be a major success.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
They don't do it alone.
Look at the keynote.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
well, all depends of the support from vendors. If nokia intel do this alone I doubt it will be a major success.
This a good enough start for you?
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=46
Registered Linux user #266531.

Last edited by Crashdamage; 2010-04-24 at 19:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
They don't do it alone.
Look at the keynote.
Indeed, and there were reps from Fujitsu, Qualcomm, Samsung and others in the room for most of the MeeGo track on Thursday. Alone they are not.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
After the keynote was given, I found a writeup on the blog of the meego code coach and replied.
"Cheerleader" is the term he used. I had long opportunities to talk with Ronan during the LF Summit, and was much impressed. Very glad to see him on board working to get developers interested in the platform.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
This a good enough start for you?
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=46
Thx, that list is a good start. But its not enough. We need more mobile vendors.
Google, microsoft and apple will eat the market. I think nokia will have bigger and bigger problems with symbian and meego.

Also, I dont know what most of the companies/organisation. I will check them out.

Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Thx, that list is a good start. But its not enough. We need more mobile vendors.
Google, microsoft and apple will eat the market. I think nokia will have bigger and bigger problems with symbian and meego.

Also, I dont know what most of the companies/organisation. I will check them out.
It's easily got the same clout that the Open handset alliance has. The worlds largest mobile handset manufacturer, the world's largest semiconductor manufacturer, the world's largest mobile videogame developer, one of the world's largest auto manufacturers... Acer and Asus are two HUGE players in the computer market, and Novell is probably the most important linux developer along with red hat and canonical.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
For me Meego is confusing to understand the future of because if it means everyone would write open source code then i am not so sure everyone will jump on the bandwagon as profit and greed plays a big part in any development so how can open source mean a copyrite for instance?
Fundarmentally Meego will be exciting to get involved in from the openess of it but when it comes down to protection how can there be any if its open source?.
Ok a freeworld is an ideal world but will it ever happen?, so this is why Meego is confusing at least to me on its future.
IF that was the way forward then all thats left is the hardware to design that would indeed have copyright capability so does this mean the future of all manufacturers is to design the hardware and an open team of software in every aspect? or is there a way of getting copyright on Meego?.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2010-04-25 at 02:58.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Thursday was really invigorating! It was hard to carry the conversations over into the loud bar afterward, and so many ideas were thrown out I found myself wandering down pointless rabbit trails, but no real complaints! Well, except that it's discouraging every time Ari has to look at my badge to remember who I am. Thanks GeneralAntilles for constantly reminding me that Ari's on a different plane.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Thursday was really invigorating! It was hard to carry the conversations over into the loud bar afterward, and so many ideas were thrown out I found myself wandering down pointless rabbit trails, but no real complaints! Well, except that it's discouraging every time Ari has to look at my badge to remember who I am. Thanks GeneralAntilles for constantly reminding me that Ari's on a different plane.
Whats this in referance to?