Believe it or not, I just got out of my car and dropped my E62!

A skin case would definitely have provided some grab in the sweater pocket (it's like a cardigan style pocket) and saved the day.

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
I ordered this case . I'm awaiting delivery sometime next week.
I like that one ! Thanks.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
The Proporta Case is a very good case, indeed. My N800 feels so much safer in there.

I too have a skin case bought from Hong Kong off ebay for 4 dollars with 4 more for shipping. For me it is the perfect solution - it wont slide around and keeps the package size to a minimum. Besides, at just 230 dollars for a new n800, I'll take my chances.

Found an interesting case for $15.

DS Lite Leather Game Case

Dimensions: 1x6x8

Does anyone have this one? How's it fit?

*p0of*

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington State
Originally Posted by khalid View Post
Has anyone using proporta case tried removing kickstand completely to allow access to usb and sd slot while still in the case?
I tried this briefly. It worked for the external slot, sort of, and not so much for the USB as the retaining post on the case, still gets in the way of the port. The reason I said sort of, for the external slot is, since the slot has no eject mechanism, and you have to use your fingernail from underneath to remove the card, it is still hard to get to. So, I replaced the stand. I really don't use the USB much and almost never remove either card. I simply do everything over ethernet.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Mableton, GA USA
I love the leather case I purchased on eBay for my 770:

It was something like US$18, and well worth it. Nice cushioning, and it leaves all access ports available including the stylus and the RS-MMC card port.

Whether they make a similar case for the 8xx models I have no idea, but for 770's this case is a very good way to go. IMO.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
Yeh that Proporta case looks very nice, though wasn't avail. when I got my N800. I got a Case Logic case at the same time I bought my IT and it fits the N800 with pouch, then in the top portion it hase a small net which holds my headphones and USB sync cable as well, and was only $20 US.

Though I've yet to perform an actual "drop test" thankfully..

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
In another thread I posted about the Case Logic GPS1 which nicely fits the N800 and offers good protection (it's meant for GPS navigators).
This looks like the same one I mentioned above. I posted some pix here :

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...41&postcount=9

I bought Case Logic PDA case for my N800 but don't find much use for it. At home, I don't feel like needing it and when going out, it becomes too bulky to carry. But protection against accidental damage is very important, perhaps I will be able to find a sleek, metal case for N800 sometime.