http://www.novell.com/promo/lp/moblin.html
The extensive leadership that Novell has shown in the commercialization of Moblin v2.0 and v2.1 will remain with MeeGo. In fact, our current efforts on Moblin v2.2 are being merged into MeeGo.com. Moblin as the core operating system platform remains largely unchanged resulting in an easy transition for Novell to the new platform.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Nope. In theory at least, MeeGo is an independent distribution. The link to SUSE is the build service (OBS), but apart from that, Novell will just add it's stuff to MeeGo just as they did to Moblin.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
there really isn't a 'basis' for meego. it is a new distribution. but yes there are elements of the SUSE system for sure. In particular, Meego has chosen the SUSE Open Build System for building packages across the various platforms(handheld, netbook, whatever else).

The Following User Says Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
There was an openSUSE branded Mobiln which was called Goblin, they are probably talking about it. It was more dark/green, but essentially the same (though has ext4 unlike the default MeeGo kernel which I need to recompile to have support for my other openSUSE partiions).

OMG, i'm happy that i banned OpenSuse and all the YAST rpm stuff from all my PCs and servers. Now it gets back to me ...

OT: Wouldn't it have been cheaper for nokia to use a standard ubuntu/debian? Adding a tiny maemo window manager, some phone apps ... that's it!

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by roose View Post
OMG, i'm happy that i banned OpenSuse and all the YAST rpm stuff from all my PCs and servers. Now it gets back to me ...
Please read comment 2 again. And then again. And then realize your sentence does not make sense.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
i am pleased to see opensuse has significant input into Meego, always been a fan of theirs.