Active Topics

Hey all. I've already searched the forum and haven't found a solution I can follow and implement, so here's my question.

How do I setup the n900 to function as an internet tether? I downloaded the latest version of Nokia Ovi Suite, and the software stated it doesn't support my phone. I connected as PC Suite mode, and the windows XP OS doesn't recognize it.

Linux noob, using a Windows XP netbook. Thanks to all for any help.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
if you have bluetooth on your pc you can use the bluetooth dun package so your phone wil fuction as a bluetooth modem. try nokia pc suite with the package installed or try usb cable

Download nokia pc suite then there's an icon for connecting the internet. It's pretty simple and i'm sure your'll be surprise...

As I stated I downloaded Nokia PC suite, and the program told me that my phone is not supported. Is there an app to have the phone function as a wifi hotspot?

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
I've written pretty comprehensive HOWTO on tethering from Ubuntu - http://tomasz.sterna.tv/2009/12/gsm-...ubuntu-karmic/

The Maemo part is common for all setups, and the rest should hint you set it up on XP also.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Orlando, FL
Originally Posted by jasallis3 View Post
As I stated I downloaded Nokia PC suite, and the program told me that my phone is not supported. Is there an app to have the phone function as a wifi hotspot?
Your origanal post said you installed ovil suite, not pc suite. Which program do you have? I originally installed ovi suite, which is NOT compatible with the N900. I then installed pc suite, and have tethered many times with no problem both via micro usb and blutooth. Make sure you have the newest pc suite installed, connect your N900, and after it installs the drivers, fire up your pc suite. On the top right will have a 2-way arrow icon and says connect to the internet. Set up a new connection by selecting the appropriate carrier (t-mobile USA in my case) and in a few seconds you should be connected with no problems.

Sorry, got it up and running via Nokia PC Suite. Running smooth, thanks!

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Orlando, FL
Originally Posted by jasallis3 View Post
Sorry, got it up and running via Nokia PC Suite. Running smooth, thanks!
Thats what the "community" is all about right? Glad we could help.

Last edited by Medic7051; 2010-01-23 at 02:05. Reason: fixed spellimg

mmmm.... i believe you said "latest version of Nokia Ovi Suite" i said nokia pc suite, they aren't the same software dude.

Originally Posted by thinh View Post
mmmm.... i believe you said "latest version of Nokia Ovi Suite" i said nokia pc suite, they aren't the same software dude.
Yeah I did at first... Then I downloaded Nokia PC Suite, and it worked seamlessly. Thanks again.