Originally Posted by nikos523 View Post
We are in the middle of a pandemic.
Maybe people are not willing to throw away so much money for old devices that have no use for. For now at least.
But If you think it’s such a valuable, rare device and you are a collector, why are you trying to convince people to buy it instead of keeping it for yourself? Just wondering.
Niko, I have two of them, so I would either prefer an exchange with a prototype I don't have or simply sell it.

Pandemic is a different story, both COVID-19 and measures globally have changed so many things and it is still ongoing... Let's see how it goes...

The Following User Says Thank You to Mivas_Greece For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mivas_Greece View Post
the rather expensive Gemini Planet devices
Seeing what you're asking for your "collector's items", this remark is more than a little glib.

probably Nokia won't exist either if MS buys what's left of it - Networks
And this is no better.
Nokia recently landed a national contract for 5G and another with NASA - there's no indication for it not doing well, as you seem to be implying.
Of course MS can probably still buy it out, but really you're just feeding a decade-old stereotype here.

This is just more confirmation for my suspicions about what type of person you are.

Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
Seeing what you're asking for your "collector's items", this remark is more than a little glib.

And this is no better.
Nokia recently landed a national contract for 5G and another with NASA - there's no indication for it not doing well, as you seem to be implying.
Of course MS can probably still buy it out, but really you're just feeding a decade-old stereotype here.

This is just more confirmation for my suspicions about what type of person you are.
Now, this is just getting personal from what I understand here. Everyone is welcome to discuss about opinions, news etc, but you seem to attack to me in person. And it is not the first time you did that, despite the fact you don't know me at all in person. Perhaps the fact that you attack to strangers without having anything against them indicates something about you as a person instead? Let's end this here please.

And yes, I will still reply to your quotes in a friendly manner.

Regarding the rumors that Microsoft might buy Nokia Networks, it was in news based on analysists etc, it is not my personal opinion.
https://nokiamob.net/2020/10/05/micr...dict-analysts/

My opinion is that the more companies and competition we have the better. If Microsoft buys Nokia networks, another company buys eg Ericsson etc, then we end up with very few but powerful companies, which in general is not the best for us as consumers.

Regarding the Gemini Planet, everyone says that as a retail device it is quite expensive. And as far as I remember the F(x)tec Pro was less pricey. But in either case it is just a comparison with smartphones with similar specs, the main difference is the full keyboard, and this might not justify the difference in price for many. Still, with the lack of options in full slider keyboard, some people look seriously into such devices. Personally, I would like to have more options, so that the prices would be more competitive too, and that we also have the entire range, from low-end to really high-end devices, so that everyone could try the full keyboard. Such devices would be like a successor to the great Communicators series. Even the last successor of communicators, E7, had that design, I would like to see more implementations than just 2-3 devices over the years...

Now, this is just getting personal from what I understand here. Everyone is welcome to discuss about opinions, news etc, but you seem to attack to me in person. And it is not the first time you did that, despite the fact you don't know me at all in person. Perhaps the fact that you attack to strangers without having anything against them indicates something about you as a person instead? Let's end this here please.
Yes, and I will continue to voice my opinions.

Calling on your personality obviously was a personal attack, and I apologise for that.

I still think you have an agenda though, posting here on TMO.
During the last year (well, since last Nov) ALL your posts were about buying/selling devices.
Beyond that, a landslide majority of your posts is in these categories.
I think you log in here to sell stuff, and your posts are coloured by the intent to make people buy your stuff and not others'.

Regarding the rumors that Microsoft might buy Nokia Networks, it was in news based on analysists etc, it is not my personal opinion.
https://nokiamob.net/2020/10/05/micr...dict-analysts/
This just predicts a scenario where it is likely that a huge company like MS might want to buy out a smaller, but succesful company like NOKIA.
But this is not the same situation as in 2013, when MS bought an ailing company, only to drive it into the ground.
The article does the exact "feeding a decade-old stereotype" I already mentioned.

Regarding the Gemini Planet, everyone says that as a retail device it is quite expensive. (...) I would like to see more implementations than just 2-3 devices over the years...
It's always expensive to produce such stuff in such small numbers.
And how on earth should a small company like Planet Computers be able to push out more than 1 device per year? That's just nonsense.
Again, I think you have an agenda here. You're trying to create the impression that buying your <expletive_deleted> prototype for hundreds of € is somehow the better choice.

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
You are more allergic to that kind of talk it seems. Even though I noticed the way Mivas has commented with the selling factor included I think you maybe misunderstood Mivas comments in the other thread when he pointed out some posting related stuff. I think it was a valid comment and not trying to intervene with other persons sale. I mean if your view or feeling rests on your interpretation of what Mivas ment with that comment there you could maybe think "or he did not mean what I think". Sorry, your claims about the persons just jumps out compared the normal way people here react (excluded maemo leste pre-alpha thread earlier).

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Yes, and I will continue to voice my opinions.

Calling on your personality obviously was a personal attack, and I apologise for that.

I still think you have an agenda though, posting here on TMO.
During the last year (well, since last Nov) ALL your posts were about buying/selling devices.
Beyond that, a landslide majority of your posts is in these categories.
I think you log in here to sell stuff, and your posts are coloured by the intent to make people buy your stuff and not others'.
You apologize first, then you continue your attack, nice

I am always interested in Nokia prototypes, and luckily there is this nice community, which among other things, has a big section for buying/selling stuff, I see nothing wrong in people who want to buy or sell stuff. Otherwise, we should close this section entirely, and we have only ebay, were prices go higher and we have extra fees, and if lucky, local websites. Regarding selling since you mentioned, although I prefer to offer things at a lower price here in the community, in the end, everything is sold outside this community, and if from ebay, at a higher price. So, for me at least, selling here, is not something primary.

If you somehow follow me, you know then that whenever there is a topic on prototype etc, I am always interested. As I said before, I have found very useful and rare information in this community, regarding eg Kataya, Ion Mini, Meltemi OS/Meltemi prototypes, Nokia N87 developmental stages, Nokia Lauta, and much more, this info is priceless, and for most of it, I haven't found info anywhere else! I thank this community for that! I follow this community for years, reading, finding nice resources, apps etc on MeeGo and so on, I am not new here as you claim.

This just predicts a scenario where it is likely that a huge company like MS might want to buy out a smaller, but succesful company like NOKIA.
But this is not the same situation as in 2013, when MS bought an ailing company, only to drive it into the ground.
The article does the exact "feeding a decade-old stereotype" I already mentioned.
As I said already, I found this on the news, I really hope it won't happen for the reasons I mentioned. But if Microsoft is willing to spend a lot to get involved in NASA networks and so on, then that could be a possible (even if unwanted by us) scenario.

It's always expensive to produce such stuff in such small numbers.
And how on earth should a small company like Planet Computers be able to push out more than 1 device per year? That's just nonsense.
I never mentioned about only 1 company producing many devices! Even BB did that with non-slider QWERTY, and we know how it went in the end. I would like many companies to be involved and have an option with slider QWERTY like the E7, or the few we have now like from Gemini Planet.

Again, I think you have an agenda here. You're trying to create the impression that buying your <expletive_deleted> prototype for hundreds of € is somehow the better choice.
Ok, that's enough. Please stop it now. I am open to discussions, but you continue an attack. Since you mention again and again how expensive I sell this specific prototype, please try and search around, how really expensive the N950 are. The black ones at least 2 times more than this, and the very rare silver ones much more. And this price is a lot less compared to the price when I bought it... In the end if you don't like it why don't you simply skip it instead and move on?

Update: For the second time, someone ordered through ebay and cancelled it immediately. This means I lost all viewers again, and I cannot even send offer to them anymore. I hope it was not done on purpose, but rather they changed their mind... again.

But fact is that it is still available if anyone is interested for an exchange or an offer feel free to send me in pm.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mivas_Greece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
That's a bummer! Hope you'l find a buyer.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
That's a bummer! Hope you'l find a buyer.
Thanks a lot my friend. Yes, it is the second time that the buyer immediately cancels the order without explanation. That way, the listing goes down, and all viewers see that it isn't available anymore... I had read about tricks in auctions in order to damage either the sellers or other potential buyers, so that could be either a coincidence, or one of these ebay tricks... I don't like ebay at all, this is why I prefer exchanging it with another proto, or offering to the community at a lower price...

Update: The device is now sold (outside the community).

Paradox: the price was slightly lower than the black N950 with black spot I sold previously, although the silver ones are hundred times rarer. Most probably, MeeGo becomes less and less popular by time unfortunately... The first gesture-based, buttonless OS, a very beautiful, smooth and easy to use and an OS that inspired other OSes...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mivas_Greece For This Useful Post:

Tags
meego, n9-00, nokia, prototype, unreleased