Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Hello, sailors. I have some bad news - my Jolla is unusable now. I don't know a reason, but the bottom part of the screen doesn't respond (area's height is near 1/3 of screen's one), so I can't type anything etc.

I've tried to repair it - reboots, hard-resets, different SW-releases, but no results. Also I've tried to disassemble and assemble device, no luck...

Temporary I have "free-rotation" patch and use my Jolla by head over heels. This is very uncomfortably to do, so I've decided to put my Jolla on a rack.

I have many patch-sources, so if somebody is interested to continue development - PM me, I will share sources for you.

Thanks to you all, for your responds, support, discussions, donates... I'll miss you. It was good time while sailing, but I see finish-line...

Last edited by Ancelad; 2016-07-26 at 17:47.

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
Hello, sailors. I have some bad news - my Jolla is unusable now. I don't know a reason, but the bottom part of the screen doesn't respond (area's height is near 1/3 of screen's one), so I can't type anything etc.

I've tried to repair it - reboots, hard-resets, different SW-releases, but no results. Also I've tried to disassemble and assemble device, no luck...

Temporary I have "free-rotation" patch and use my Jolla by head over heels. This is very uncomfortably to do, so I've decided to put my Jolla on a rack.

I have many patch-sources, so if somebody is interested to continue development - PM me, I will share sources for you.

Thanks to you all, for your responds, support, discussions, donates... I'll miss you. It was good time while sailing, but I see finish-line...
Feel free to return after jolla completely refund all the tableters...

Any way. I guess everything comes to an end. What are you planning to move to now?

GoodBye, GL HF

What happened with Russia government helping sail sailers?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Indeed, very bad news.

Sounds like you want to leave GNU Linux devices after you?
And go the 'dark way'? Or what?

We.would miss you!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
We should have a donation account from TMO. For members like Ancelad, the community should donate him a new Jolla Intex or something similar - he has made so many contributions and will definitely be a loss for us.

Ancelad's old pulley menu and buttons always is the first I install on patch manager.

I'm on for the donation if there is any.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
We should have a donation account from TMO. For members like Ancelad, the community should donate him a new Jolla Intex or something similar - he has made so many contributions and will definitely be a loss for us.

Ancelad's old pulley menu and buttons always is the first I install on patch manager.

Great Idea!

I'm ready to donate once I get my second refund.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Feel free to return after jolla completely refund all the tableters....

What happened with Russia government helping sail sailers?
They decided to help Donald Trump instead...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Great Idea!
True, I am in (was going to edit my post and ask him first if he would stay with us.

I'm ready to donate once I get my second refund.
BS, just bs (does absolutely not belong here).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
I have Android-smartphone, it's enough for daily-use. I like "unlike"-phones, but "the only easy day - was yesterday". I don't like to discuss politics, but EU and US-sanctions forced me to change priorities - I've changed my job that requires car-buying, so I haven't too much "free" money to buy new (or even used) SFOS-smartphone.

I'm very appreciated for community help - most of your donates I've spent to phone-parts such as phone-housings, displays, batteries etc. My N9 is still alive due to your help, like Jolla was until yesterday.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post

I'm in ! 50 euro from me Just tell me how we do that ? directly transfer to Ancelad (https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...63e58274899069) ?

P.S. Hmmm purchasing from Ebay required PaysaPal, he don't know how to use it...

Last edited by Schturman; 2016-07-25 at 18:22.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post: