Notices

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Aachen, Germany
Please change the thread's title to something like "I want Sygic and Nokia should pay" because the current title suggests that there might be an actual possibility to get Sygic for free.

The Following User Says Thank You to pete.fu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by arnie1971 View Post
Is it wrong to assume that OVI maps includes voice and turn by turn navigation.

yes persuming anything isnt a good idear , for example here in uk a ford focus lx has heated front and rear screen and is the middle spec model , now one would persume that the focus zetec would have the heated rear and front screen as it is a higher model yet not all zetecs have the heated front screen just an example how persuming can be dangerous

. I ride a motorbike and need voice navigation, cos riding while trying to watch a screen is not the greatest idea!

well then the awnswer is simple buy sygic it is reasonably priced for a sat nav program , why expect it for free does sat nav come free as standard in all phones now?? i must have missed that major announcement when it happend
my awnswers are in bold mate :-)

Originally Posted by pete.fu View Post
Please change the thread's title to something like "I want Sygic and Nokia should pay" because the current title suggests that there might be an actual possibility to get Sygic for free.
very good idear mate :-)

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
"something that really gets me is when someone wants something for nothing "

Believe me, I also love my N900 and do not want anything for free.
But when you pay 600 Euro for something, which is advertised with many and many features and when you start using it and find that it does not do this and also do not get any information from the manfacturer when this will be done, you start to worry...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jorjino View Post
"something that really gets me is when someone wants something for nothing "

Believe me, I also love my N900 and do not want anything for free.
But when you pay 600 Euro for something, which is advertised with many and many features and when you start using it and find that it does not do this and also do not get any information from the manfacturer when this will be done, you start to worry...
indeed. You do not need to buy and pay, if you are fine without it. Its great. I need it so i galdly pay.

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Jeez, give the OP a break. He made a suggestion, a simple "I don't agree with that idea" would have been enough.

And for the record, I don't agree with that idea.
Buy the one that's available now, or wait in hope for a free one.

I'm waiting, purely because the Sygic map updates are not free. The €59 up front is not too bad, but I don't want to pay again for maps. My choice, I'll live with it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
you have to pay for it! its not expensive either....you get the whole europe plus updates to future software for 59 euros.....if you don't have the money well, stick with the ovi maps.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
@JohnLF,
Thanks for nice and constructive reply.
I wanted same replies from other guys, but maybe today is a bad day for me. ;-)

I am also confident to buy Sygic, but Nokia/Navteq should make a better map for my country first.
Regards.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
this thread is out of control
seriously

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Madrid, Spain
could sygic be hacked?so that we have ir for free