380Mb ???
was about 60Mb here OoO

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
380Mb ???
was about 60Mb here OoO
oh, yes, should have realized and added that i came down from 2.0.3.11
*facepalm* -> done correction to previous post...

Last edited by mosen; 2016-08-31 at 14:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Works good here (Sweden, 3).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eminem For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
Finally LTE with C in my region, yeaah

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Unfortunately this known and longwithstanding bug with 4G/LTE internet connection has not been fixed. It's a shame, since it's been a while since they introduced it and it's been even marked as Tracked by Jolla for some time.

4G internet is therefore still unusable for me, at least since 2.0.1.x early releases. Tell that to the guys that are worried that Intex Aqua Fish won't work on some 4G frequencies

EDIT: To be precise, 4G worked for me on Jolla C even before today's release, so there was a 4G icon in the status bar just like in mosen's post, but no internet connection. This worked well before the 2.0.1.x release.
What is your operator, are you sure they don't have something shady going on there?
I have never had any problems with 4G whatsoever, it started to work really well from the version the support first came out on (cannot remember when it was enabled)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
What is your operator, are you sure they don't have something shady going on there?
I have never had any problems with 4G whatsoever, it started to work really well from the version the support first came out on (cannot remember when it was enabled)
As you can partly read on TJC, I have tried this and reproduced the bug with multiple operators with different SIM cards (Czech, German) in multiple countries (Czech Republic, Germany, United Kingdom) on multiple devices (2x Jolla 1, 1x Jolla C).

It began with the first early 2.0.1.x release and happens mostly on 4G (it happened couple times on 3G as well, but that was an exception). It started right after upgrading too, so there is a clear connection to the upgrade and its regression (I also tried on freshly reinstalled devices, so apps/old configs are not to blame). Restarting the device doesn't help, restarting the network through Sailfish Utilities doesn't help, only switching from 4G to 3G does. Therefore I have been on 3G last half a year.

It's not like it's some weird coincidence - Jolla have acknowledged the problem (see the Tracked by Jolla status), but has yet to fix it. I suppose there are still many people who haven't gotten their 4G SIM cards (I know a few) so I suppose that's one reason the bug report has 'only' 35 votes.

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-08-31 at 19:32.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
380Mb ???
was about 60Mb here OoO
Was 7Mb from 2.0.2.48 for mwe

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
upgraded all my phones. Tablet is a little bit weird. The device tells me, that there is an update, but I can't open the update site in settings. Upgraded now via terminal but i still can't open the entry in settings. Tried already to reinstall jolla-settings. It doesn't help.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
It was 60mb from Jolla C from .48, no change was noticed...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
the changes from 48 to 51 (diff from together):

Connectivity

- Fix missing LTE bands support in Jolla C

Customer specific features

- Fix issues in SMS activation
SIMATK

- Fix issues in Mobile electronic signature
Cloud services

- Migrate Facebook features away from deprecated Graph API 2.0

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:

Tags
intex, jolla, sailfishos, sfo update, sfos2, update