Posts: 59 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Philippines
Hiya guys. It's been nearly 3 years since I first lurked here (looking at my first post's date, at least).

In that time, I have managed to sell off the first N9 I had, dived around and tinkered with Android, some iOS and Windows Phone and today here I am back again, a bit more experienced than 3 years back. Right now, I'm using a Nexus 5.

It's kind of disappointing that you can almost hear the tumbleweed blowing within the halls of this community, but I guess that's too be expected for old devices like these. Kinda sad nitdroid and Sailfish for N9 kind of stagnated a bit.

I've missed the N9, and was fortunately able to score a working 64GB N9 for $30 - I only had to disconnect and reattach the battery (and in doing so, stripped the screws, and maybe some aesthetical damage) to make it work again.

I've wondered into delving into Harmattan app development as a hobby, it would be a bit risky and wasted time-wise when instead I could go dev Android or iOS, but hey why not try?

I've debloated it a bit, installed FasterN9, N9QTweak and Easy Debian.

After finals, I plan to find time to recompile a more recent version of syncevolution (to support Google's OAuth protocol) for my contacts, mail and calendar to make it more usable for my case (ownCloud and similar is a no-go yet, since I don't have resources for that). Google Keep, that's still a dead end.

And who knows what will happen next? I hope y'all welcome me back here.
Still looking forward to at least a fully working Kitkat port. ))) or even Sailfish would suffice

EDIT: thank goodness for aegis-hack )

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to n0x For This Useful Post:
Greetings, all!

So I have *cracked* and bought a N900 on eBay to see for myself what is so special about it.

Who knows, I might even go crazy and try porting Ethereum to N900 and N9 ;-) Why not. My test matrix is already extremely broad. Adding Freemantle and Harmattan doesn't seem impossible:

https://github.com/doublethinkco/web...mbrella-cross/

Happy Christmas, everyone!

Bob Summerwill, http://doublethink.co

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bobsummerwill For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Finland
hello !

Done. (sorry, my humor is weird)

I pretend to be an app developer and a helpful guy on TJC. Or maybe I am? Who knows.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jollailija For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jollailija View Post
hello !

Done. (sorry, my humor is weird)

I pretend to be an app developer and a helpful guy on TJC. Or maybe I am? Who knows.
Noone knows.

Anyway, welcome.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by jollailija View Post
Pretense goes long way in the world[1], so most probably you are excellent at both
Could even be pretender to the throne!

[1] For example, I pretend to do work and my employer pretends to pay me for it...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Portugal
Hello, this is an amazing community. I'm new to this devices(n900,etc) but i am already amazed with the support from talk.maemo. Hopefully will get a device soon to start learning something. From an android owners perspective, i have to say that there's more in a smartphone than play store.
Greetings

Last edited by ph1; 2016-01-10 at 14:19. Reason: word correction

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ph1 For This Useful Post:
Greetings from Joensuu

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to t0mk For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by t0mk View Post
Greetings from Joensuu
Nice place. Not too much snow there right now though...
Have you been to Koli this winter, slopes in any shape?

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Nice place. Not too much snow there right now though...
Have you been to Koli this winter, slopes in any shape?
I haven't been to Koli this year. Since Sunday it's slightly above zero and the snow is melting here in JNS. I guess it's similar over there - the slopes are probably not in a good shape.

I've been cross-country skiing in Lykynlampti and Parnavaara on Saturday, the last day when it was worth.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to t0mk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by t0mk View Post
I haven't been to Koli this year. Since Sunday it's slightly above zero and the snow is melting here in JNS. I guess it's similar over there - the slopes are probably not in a good shape.

I've been cross-country skiing in Lykynlampti and Parnavaara on Saturday, the last day when it was worth.
Woohoo, I am also from JNS! But I moved away from JNS one year ago.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org