Active Topics

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Install gvm, then run epocrates setup.prc and voila, you have it!

gvm on N900
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...light=gvm+n900, thread #21

go epocrates website and dl the palm setup.prc and install via gvm, more details here,

This is my last step to make my N900 runs like an N8x0. My N900 nows answering incoming phone call, now have gvm, and today, 12/22/09, I am retiring my trusted N810, which has slept with me since day 1, more than my wife and my 16 mistress (in my dream!), yes one more than the tiger

enjoy,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-12-23 at 05:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
AHFS is probably the best drug information that one can use (it's pricey though) with Davis being the second best at half the price.

They both work great under Garnet.

Without question though UptoDate is my favorite, especially when it comes to those families with unrelenting questions, but you'll need online access which isn't always available at some hospitals.

But hey, you can't really beat something that is free like Epocrates.

If anyone is condering purchasing the premium package of Epocrates, I think bun would agree with me that it's not even remotely worth the subscription price.

Thanks for testing this bun.

It's yet one more reason why I should upgrade from my N800.

Last edited by Addison; 2009-12-23 at 04:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ down south
anything like this for uk:? similar to jrcalc? would be handy for us ambulance guys

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by dread123 View Post
anything like this for uk:? similar to jrcalc? would be handy for us ambulance guys
Epocrates does not care whether it is UK or US. Go for it. You will like it.

Go epocrates website, setup a FREE account, dl the palm setup.prc, transfer to your N900, setup gvm, then run the setup.prc. You are there!

bun

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ down south
alot of the advice is american guidelines..some of it is usefull but not to us in UK.

What i would prefer is if someone could make a better pdf reader that can read chapters etc- we could use JRcalc then.

The Following User Says Thank You to dread123 For This Useful Post:
Hi Help please.
I got Garnet VM running and epocrates setup installed. It installs fine but disappears after I close the program, so it needs to update every time. I followed the create an SD card advice and I found the SD cards on Z launcher. But I cant move the setup.prc file to the SD card! How do you do this? Is it through terminal?
Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to yalil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
You're probably not closing Garnet correctly so that the virtual store card isn't getting updated.

When you exit, press the Escape key which I think is Shift Backspace on a N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
It worked! Thanks everybody!

The Following User Says Thank You to yalil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Install gvm, then run epocrates setup.prc and voila, you have it!

gvm on N900
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...light=gvm+n900, thread #21

go epocrates website and dl the palm setup.prc and install via gvm, more details here,

This is my last step to make my N900 runs like an N8x0. My N900 nows answering incoming phone call, now have gvm, and today, 12/22/09, I am retiring my trusted N810, which has slept with me since day 1, more than my wife and my 16 mistress (in my dream!), yes one more than the tiger

enjoy,

bun
Hi all,
I've had my N900 for a few weeks now and enjoy it for the most part. One thing that has irked me is my inability to get epocrates to work!
I followed the instructions on this thread and others about the installation process. However, when I launch Epocrates from Garnet, I get the error message "Invalid user name /password. Please check Epocrates update settings then try again." I do have the correct account information.

My next thought is to "hotsync" the n900 while running garnet via palm desktop but am not too keen on that idea.
If anyone has any suggestions to work around this, would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

i dont really get what is epocrates i went to the site it looks like sort of palm operating system something like mamemo?

someone please explain =)

Tags
epocrates, gvm, medical