Active Topics

So is the mask of the n900 replacable?I tried Google but it gave me no results,and i`d like to know if i can replace it if i succeed in damaging it lol .

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
What do you meant by mask? you meant faceplate?

The outer plastic layer around the hardware of the phone,covering it...if u know what i mean .The black thingy which has "Nokia nSeries" written on it,and its counterparts.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
You can replace any part of the n900, but you'll have two issues. NOBODY has aftermarket housings, and even if you'd be able to source an entire OEM housing, it costs about half what a new n900 would cost.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Nottingham
Keep searching as there is a link somewhere on this forum to a site that sells the whole chassis for about £90.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ United Kingdom
If it helps anyone i got the top half of the device casing replaced for £45 at a nokia care point in norwich (uk) when i shamefully broke the out screen bit. so double it maybe for the back?

matt

Thx for your replies i`ll search around .

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
just wanted to bump this thread with a note to the mods to remove the post from getyourexback as it's rubbish from a google rankings bot.

isn't there a captcha or equivilent on this forum?
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
just wanted to bump this thread with a note to the mods to remove the post from getyourexback as it's rubbish from a google rankings bot.

isn't there a captcha or equivilent on this forum?
You can click on the Report Post icon on each post to report things to the moderators (which I've already done for that post).

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
You could try here..
John