Notices

Originally Posted by MikeHG View Post
Another face that seems to be misbehaving (on 'release' as well as beta): CobbleStyle. You can set this to display your current location under the time, but it doesn't do anything here. I can't get it to do anything on Android either, but I suspect that's more to do with the state of my old and bust-up tablet (I can't even get Google Maps to identify my location).
Did you enter api key for the weather? It sets location in the weather update call, however that call returns at the very beginning when api key is empty. I.e. location is always updated in the weather update. And it's all the same for ios/android/rockpoold.
Edit: Moreover - it's processed in the weather callback - will be set only if weather data successfully received and parsed. So you cannot enter some fake string to pass key check phase, it will fail at second phase then - which is weather fetch.

Last edited by ruff; 2016-04-04 at 19:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
just for info - updated fmw to 3.11 - which proves fmw update works ok on PTR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
just for info - updated fmw to 3.11 - which proves fmw update works ok on PTR
Ah good, I can see if I can get the update alert on the watch working. As far as I know it's never worked.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
I'll also add an alert to the gui. In original rockwork the fact that firmware update button is available on the main page was an indicator of the update, but since I've decided to enable it permanently (to be able to see fmw version) - this alerting method doesn't work. So I'll add an icon to the status field.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abranson View Post
That should be picked up and connected to. Did you try a restart? Or you can disable then restart the service in the developer tools.

Otherwise, we really need to get the log harvesting working to make this easier
Restarting the Jolla fixed it. Thanks - I really should have tried that before asking for help!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
There's a reason why that's the First Question of IT. The daemon does occasionally seem to get stuck in a stage where it can't connect though. That needs looking at.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Did you enter api key for the weather? ...
Thanks, it worked - it didn't occur to me that they'd be related (not actually that surprising now I think about it)

Last edited by MikeHG; 2016-04-05 at 12:49.

Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Is there a map app which works on Rockpool? Most of them seem to need a companion phone app. Maptastic starts, but it has never shown a map.

Nonetheless, it's amazing to see so many apps just work
This 'get back to' app now lets you enter a street address in its settings page (it says it needs a lat / long, but that's a lie), and will give you a heading / distance. Not a map, but it's a start...

https://forums.getpebble.com/discuss...navigation-app

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Managed to fix gecko boostable launch (as always trivial mishap) so will publish now 0.8-3gecko2 rpm in beta - also with horizontal scrolling fix. And if there won't be any complain - should be ready to merge.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Ive tried the regular rockpool, and the new beta. I know the authenticator app cannot work yet, but thought i'd point out a difference in behaviour. In the regular app, no settings page is shown, in the beta, a page is show which says 're-open settings page for security reasons, ........'

Tags
pebble, smartwatch