Hi,

Has anyone got the Checkpoint SSL Extender for Linux working on the N900 or any suggestions on how I can connect to a Checkpoint SSL VPN?

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com...s=&fileid=5489

SSL Network Extender Client for Linux

Details:
File Name: snx_install.sh
Product: SSL Network Extender
Version: NGX R60, NG-AI R55
MD5: b97518d5e365e4f2d70d28a507eb67df
Size: 722.67 KB

I tried and get the error:

Nokia-N900-42-11:/# sudo -s -H
Nokia-N900-42-11:/# bash ./snx_install.sh
./snx_install.sh: line 17: bunzip2: command not found
failed to extract archive

Thanks.

I would start by looking for bunzip2 and finding an install for that application. But that is the path down the dark side.

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
would not use that... the version you are looking at (NG-AI R55 and NGX R60) is going End-of-Life. CheckPoint is ending support for all R60 and previous releases.

Update your Connectra and get the new client
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

ok thanks will try that. have you got it working?

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Unless you've done this already you should probably unpack that on a desktop and make sure it doesn't contain x86 binaries, because if it does this isn't going to work.

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
no need to check it for x86 binaries. what the error is stemming from is the fact that the n900 does not have bzip/bunzip.

you may be able to download it to a windows or linux machine that has a compression app that supports bzip'd files, extract the contents and copy the files over manually. if there are "programmatic" calls to bunzip other files, you may have to repeat the process for those archives.

i do not have an n900, nor do i have a connectra working. i happen to work with some checkpoint gear and have been forceably "invited" to install newer releases as CheckPoint support for R60 and previous versions is going the way of the dodo.
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Originally Posted by brendan View Post
no need to check it for x86 binaries.
Well it's probably easier to check it for x86 binaries first, as if there are binaries bunzip is not really going to help, and neither is anything else.

I seem to remember it uses java, in which case it isn't going to work either... :-(
That was a couple of years ago, and maybe I'm mistaken

Hi

We also use checkpoint vpn vpn-1 and I was wondering if anyone else has tried to get it working on n900 as would be brill if I could.

Scott

Anyone working on this? Really could use VPN-1 support

Ideas?

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
apt-get install bzip2

(I have no idea which repo it's in, but it is in one of them)