Can't argue there,

But again, its new and cutting edge. So until more companies come out with similar products, its going to be a cost involved. Plus again, its a full computer, so it's going to compare to your upscale modern day laptops.

But it is pricey.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Silicon Valley
Hate to say it but I did a review of the OQO a while back ( http://www.mobiletechreview.com/note...O-model-01.htm ) and the digitizer was very off when you're within 1/2" of the display's edge on any given side (1/2" is a lot on a screen that small). OQO acknowledged that, and said it was the best they could manage given the technology they were using. The parallax problem is annoying. That was the regular XP version, not XP Tablet, and I'd hoped Tablet Edition would help, but it didn't. It's also very annoying to have to hold the stylus straight upright (90 degree angle to the display) to get accurate tracking. And the thing was so hot after 45 minutes of use no one in the office wanted to hold it in their hands except me, and I have a circulatory disease which means my hands are always icy cold.

That said, it is a technological marvel and a godsend for those who much run a full version of Windows that fits in a large pocket. However, at $2,000 it's not in the same league as the 770, nor do they attempt to solve the same problems (other than mobile web browsing and email).

BTW, Julie at the Gadeteer is a pal, and she did in fact own the OQ she reviewed... so she really did use it .

I just dont understand that"Windows XP" is listed in pros.... hem ...

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Silicon Valley
LOL! I see your point, ploum.