Hi;
i dont see OS for archos.. should i get boner for this thing?
if someone knows about it.. i would like to hear views..
thanx in A

This is a "Which is better, 500 eggs or a rocking chair?" question. The answer depends on what you want to do: the N800 won't plug into a TV, but the Archos probably will, otoh the Archos probably won't KDE and OCR software. You know what you want the device for and there are plenty of good reviews online.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
amkaos, did you know there's a link on this website's homepage for Googling this forum? Did you think to use it? There are multiple threads already on your topic, e.g. here. Please click the link for Newbies in my signature.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
amkaos, did you know there's a link on this website's homepage for Googling this forum? Did you think to use it? There are multiple threads already on your topic, e.g. here. Please click the link for Newbies in my signature.
right,, thx.. after i posted, i found conflicting info.. such as :: os cant be hacked / can be hacked... skype cant be installed / can be installed..if i rmemeber,, the thread is old,, and no updates on free plugins for download.. i gotta believe that there has been addendums..
and so forth.. thats why i left the post.. if im still missing something.. i would appreciate the links.. seriously..
again,, thanx in advance

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Just go to the Home Page and Google Archos 605.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Just go to the Home Page and Google Archos 605.
my questions arent updated on the old thread

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ SF, CA
I know the archos pretty well and have a 770. they are vastly different devices. the other threads may talk about the differences (but could take long to look thru).
Archos is great for watching video - much better than N8x0, although N8x0s do a good job too. But there are a million things you can do on a N8x0 that you can't do on an archos. I think the N8x0 are better for internet use (but check out the archos experience yourself in threads of other forums). Plus, you can run a million apps, email client, newsreader, games, ebook reader, on and on and on. See the thread something like "what do you have on your N800" to see what people use it for.

Originally Posted by nosam View Post
I know the archos pretty well and have a 770. they are vastly different devices. the other threads may talk about the differences (but could take long to look thru).
Archos is great for watching video - much better than N8x0, although N8x0s do a good job too. But there are a million things you can do on a N8x0 that you can't do on an archos. I think the N8x0 are better for internet use (but check out the archos experience yourself in threads of other forums). Plus, you can run a million apps, email client, newsreader, games, ebook reader, on and on and on. See the thread something like "what do you have on your N800" to see what people use it for.
thnx for your reply

Hello

I have both nokia n800 tablet and archos 605 wifi

If You want to see movies without recompression i 16 milions of colors archos is for You. It's good also for audio playback, wifi module works also good, but .... when You need internet via BT and use any keyboard You have no go .. Only nokia ..

The dimensions and weight is quite similiar ...

Buy an archos if You want to do much entertaiment then work (watch on TV or record via optional DVR Station)

Buy nokia tablet if You want to do more ...

Cheers

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Colombia
yeah! i have them both also... the archos with the dvr station and the n800 with the bt keyboard...

they both rock! i use the archos for music and video and the n800 for browsing, chatting, etc

The Following User Says Thank You to [[ cold ]] For This Useful Post: