Good News Nokia Lovers - Apple shares down after the iPhone 4 announcement

The iPhone 4 impressed a lot of people but clearly the Apple investors aren’t among them. The company’s shares dropped by almost 2 percent since the start of the presentation at the WWDC10. Obviously they wanted something more and Steve and his team failed to deliver.

Yesterday it became clear iPhone 4 will launch in 88 countries until the end of the year. The first wave starts on 24 June, the second is in August and then in September. Apple is also preparing a CDMA version, which is expected to launch through Verizon this November.

And despite the wide availability and the promising new features the Apple shares went from 256.28 US dollars at the start of the event to just over 252 US dollars at its end. Someone is not impressed, Steve, not at all.

Via

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
as much as i hate apple, but: wasnt it the same when they introduced the magical ipad? it soon changed then.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
as much as i hate apple, but: wasnt it the same when they introduced the magical ipad?
Yes. I've been told by both Apple fans and Apple employees that the company's stock dips for every big announcement.

FYI, most if not all of the stocks of mobile companies slightly went down yesterday. Even Nokia's.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Even Nokia's.
Even Nokia's?

Now that's a day to remember ......

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Yes. I've been told by both Apple fans and Apple employees that the company's stock dips for every big announcement.
That was also true at Texas Instruments, every time we won a big contract. A very common market reaction.

Converesely, our TI stock went up with every large employee layoff.

iphone will sell like hot cakes and break all records! the fone can be an iphone3gs with a different colour and will still sell loads. apple the masters of propaganda!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Nokia keeps this up... I'll buy some... just like I did when Apple was around $12 a share. Nokia is heading under $11 soon.

Hmm.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Clearly, the end of Apple is near.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I stand corrected.

Nokia (NOK) is worth 9.78 at the end of trading today. Versus APPL 252 down from 256.28.