Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
This is not fake news! Clocks move slower in moving reference frame than the stationary reference frame. Also clocks more slowly when near massive object.
Well, not quite

"clocks slow down when in an accelerating reference frame"

Moving by itself does not count, since as there is no absolute reference point there is no way to tell who is "moving" and who is "staying still"...
However acceleration can be observed by the effects it it creates on inertia, which is analogus to gravitational gradient.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well, not quite

"clocks slow down when in an accelerating reference frame"

Moving by itself does not count, since as there is no absolute reference point there is no way to tell who is "moving" and who is "staying still"...
However acceleration can be observed by the effects it it creates on inertia, which is analogus to gravitational gradient.
Well, in the first case I meant frame moving relative to "stationary" frame. After all, conclusion is based on theory of relativity which explains what you would measure in each frame relative to other.

And general theory of relativity uses the principle of equivalence, which states that gravitation and inertial forces are indistinguishable. So a person in accelerating rocket (say accelerating at 9.8 meters per seconds squared) can't distinguish between force due to acceleration or if it was gravity (on earth of course!) .

Any student of physics would know this! Ha ha. Just kidding. You're the best, along with Dave999 and Endsormeans. Did I leave out anyone else?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
This is not fake news! Clocks move slower in moving reference frame than the stationary reference frame. Also clocks more slowly when near massive object.
Are you sure it’s the clocks? I thought it was the time

Sorry!

Now. Do you know why that is and how massive to you have to be to affect clocks/time/your surrounding.

If I could transform myself to to the size of half the universe. Now would seconds become minutes if you stood right beside me?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Are you sure it’s the clocks? I thought it was the time

Sorry!

Now. Do you know why that is and how massive to you have to be to affect clocks/time/your surrounding.

If I could transform myself to to the size of half the universe. Now would seconds become minutes if you stood right beside me?
Ha ha! That's why you're the best! I don't know maybe that explains why the internet is so slow...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Anyone knows if it’s possibe to make seconds to minutes by being close to something really huge even compared with the hugest entities in our universe.

Is the time actually going slower or is it just fake space time that catching up to you later?

Also, If you consider that huge objects/gravitational pull actually scams the time from our time. How can we know the time/age of anythhing e.g the universe?

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-09-11 at 18:14.

Anyone knows if it’s possibe to make seconds to minutes by being close to something really huge even compared with the hugest entities in our universe.

Is the time actually going slower or is it just fake space time that catching up to you later?

Also, If you consider that huge objects/gravitational pull actually scams the time from our time. How can we know the time/age of anythhing e.g the universe?
You should learn to do it yourself. Better yet, make an app to do it!

Here's how to do the calculation

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...7zSkFNcpg9r5-v

You should learn to do it yourself. Better yet, make an app to do it!

Here's how to do the calculation

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...7zSkFNcpg9r5-v
Well. That can’t be right. quasars don’t show scam of time according to that. That could mean that the Big Bang never happend and that the universe actually not expanding

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-09-11 at 18:46.

Well. That can’t be right. quasars don’t show scam of time according to that. That could mean that the Big Bang never happend and that the universe actually not expanding
You're right! Einstein must have been wrong! Oh well, not the first time he screwed up!

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Well, in the first case I meant frame moving relative to "stationary" frame.
There is no stationary frame. Only a lot of different frames moving relatively to each other. An observer may consider his own frame "stationary" but that is only an illusion.

Without gravity, the clock on endsormeans' high altitude jet may appear slow to the observer on the ground but so will the clock on the ground to tbe observer on the jet.

With gravity, both observers will see the jet clock go faster.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
There is no stationary frame. Only a lot of different frames moving relatively to each other. An observer may consider his own frame "stationary" but that is only an illusion.
This is the same as what I am inferring. There no absolute "stationary" reference frame. I'm just talking about the observer that is making a measurement and thinks they are not moving. I probably should not have said moving reference frame but just said moving relative to observer. Sorry if I confused folks. My physics is kind of rusty!

EDIT: Good job pichlo. You're the best too!

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson