Posts: 41 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Lieto, Finland
I will write series of articles about Maemo 6 UI Framework and Homescreen. The part I is available here:

http://zchydem.enume.net/?p=128

I hope you will find it useful.

The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to zchydem For This Useful Post:
I Added a new post about Maemo 6 UI Framework's MVC model:

http://zchydem.enume.net/?p=149

It's a review about the stuff that is currently available on Gitorious.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to zchydem For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Zchydem, don't you think to join planet.maemo.org? It is 100% stuff worth to appear there!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to abbra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by zchydem View Post
I will write series of articles about Maemo 6 UI Framework and Homescreen. The part I is available here:

http://zchydem.enume.net/?p=128

I hope you will find it useful.
Thank you very uch for putting your time and undeniable skills in the Maemo 6 UI Framework preview!

Very nice work zchydem! I think technical previews are meant for work like this. So I really hope Nokia will use your feedback and can benefit from your review findings.

Keep up the good work - interesting readings

Thanks for your feedback. Even though all the findings in these reviews might not be positive ones, my intension here is to trying to evaluate the code and the design as objective as possible.

Of course there are some parts of the framework or rationale behind the design that I may not understand, but then you're free to comment and correct my crappy story

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
zchydem, now I'm curious about your opinion on a discussion where your blog posts are being mentioned: Maemo 6 loosing source compatibility with plain Qt, and Symbian^4

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abbra View Post
Zchydem, don't you think to join planet.maemo.org? It is 100% stuff worth to appear there!
I just discovered in my mailbox his request made some days ago. Sorry, I'll process it tomorrow. (I'm substituting X-Fade on this task while he is on holidays).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Nice articles; a bit over my head (and I do understand most of it), but this is really great information. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
zchydem, now I'm curious about your opinion on a discussion where your blog posts are being mentioned: Maemo 6 loosing source compatibility with plain Qt, and Symbian^4
Quim: I commented the post. I guess I said nothing new there.