Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by woidboy View Post
Recently, Calindori and Koko stopped working although they did work before. Have there be any changes?
Not on our side. But maybe something changed in the apps

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
On the Readme https://github.com/sailfishos-flatpak/main, it is mentioned that it is possible to install Mirage as a matrix client on SailfishOS via flatpak. However, I did nowhere find the flatpak package for arm. I performed a search on flathub as well as one on the project site where I could only find a flatpak version for the x86 architecture. Does anybody know where I can download the arm version?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woidboy For This Useful Post:
You have to compile it yourself, as it is now. Which is a pain, as ARM32 QEMU on AMD64 has some issues and, in practice, you need to setup 32-bix x86 virtual machine and compile ARM32 flatpak there.

I wrote the script to package it, but it is not pushed to Flathub. Flathub build servers are running on ARM and would be able compile all without issues. However, for publishing at Flathub, some extras are probably needed. I don't plan to work on it, but you are welcome to contribute.

Corresponding issue: https://github.com/mirukana/mirage/issues/1

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Hi guys, wondering if it's possible to force Angelfish to open links from other apps (Depecher, Mail etc.) in new tabs of an existing instance instead of starting a new one? Angelfish takes a few seconds to start even on a XA2.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vaskas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vaskas View Post
Hi guys, wondering if it's possible to force Angelfish to open links from other apps (Depecher, Mail etc.) in new tabs of an existing instance instead of starting a new one? Angelfish takes a few seconds to start even on a XA2.
We haven't implemented it yet for Angelfish. Feel free to file the issue at https://invent.kde.org/plasma-mobile...lfish/-/issues

The Following User Says Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
You have to compile it yourself, as it is now. Which is a pain, as ARM32 QEMU on AMD64 has some issues and, in practice, you need to setup 32-bix x86 virtual machine and compile ARM32 flatpak there.

I wrote the script to package it, but it is not pushed to Flathub. Flathub build servers are running on ARM and would be able compile all without issues. However, for publishing at Flathub, some extras are probably needed. I don't plan to work on it, but you are welcome to contribute.

Corresponding issue: https://github.com/mirukana/mirage/issues/1
Thanks! Then, I'll try to compile it on my Raspberry Pi 3. I've already compiled another app there for flatpak support which worked quite well. Concerning my contribution for publishing on Flathub. At the moment, I'm quite busy but when this is going to change, I might have a look.

The Following User Says Thank You to woidboy For This Useful Post:
I am trying to get angelfish the standard browser.

This is quite simple:

Code:
cd .local/share/applications
cp flatpak-runner-autogen-org.kde.mobile.angelfish.desktop open-url.desktop
edit open-url.desktop and add an %U to the exec line:

Code:
Exec = flatpak-runner org.kde.mobile.angelfish %U
This already works quite good but for every call the browser is started in a new instance. Is there a way/option to transfer the url to a running instance?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
@cy8aer: two posts before yours. it would need dbus service, I presume. haven't implemented it yet, should do it at some moment. feel free to open the issue

PS: Looks like it is something we all miss

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
speaking of Matrix, @cy8aer, is Bluepill still being developed?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
speaking of Matrix, @cy8aer, is Bluepill still being developed?
It is. Actual development state: The python nio based engine works quite well now, including e2e, key verification and many events like typing, read events, and indefinitely scoll up...

For the architecture: the python engine nearly runs stand alone. Because it uses asyncio there are interfaces for the (or any!) gui to call methods and an open signalling system which fires events (in our case this is pyotherside). I am able to run the python engine just in an interactive python shell and on my laptop it is running for weeks now. There is a bucket based cache backend for running it offline. And it looks quite stable (I did not have any "hangings" like in the PoC). It may "sleep" for about 30 seconds but then gets every event which was fired when offline.

Now I need to glue it to the gui. Actual login/logout works, I am just implementing the room list dashboard. The whole thing is really complicated, I need to reimplement a mocking client for the gui but this can be developed on a virtual machine.

What I can say by now: When it is ready it is ways faster than the draft/PoC version that can be found on gitlab.

But please give me some more time... there are many things to do, like e.g. deleting events on the event view when we did read them...

You want to see the running python engine?

https://gitlab.com/cy8aer/bluepill/snippets/1948322

Last edited by cy8aer; 2020-07-03 at 21:14.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:

Tags
flatpak