Notices

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
As far as I can see, you get an error with ZLIB (your prev post). I have not heard anyone else reproducing your issue nor I cannot reproduce it on 3.0.1 nor 3.0.2. 3.0.3 is not available on OBS (so I cannot build the server) nor for Onyx (so I cannot test it). Thus, all I can do is to rely on others for testing.
Me too on 3.0.3.9 geminipda. ZLIB_1.2.9 not found (required by /usr/lib/libpng16.so.16). Cannot start osm-scoutserver from terminal, because of this error. I think this is the reason why the autostart with puremaps is not working.

But I still have maps in custom location stored and it looks like osmscout-server is working if I start it from GUI.

Edit: After reading backward, you know it already from MartinK ("this post") and later levone1.

Last edited by meemorph; 2019-05-08 at 15:19.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
There is still no 3.0.3 OBS target - hence we have to wait. See https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=597

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
As far as I can see, you get an error with ZLIB (your prev post). I have not heard anyone else reproducing your issue nor I cannot reproduce it on 3.0.1 nor 3.0.2. 3.0.3 is not available on OBS (so I cannot build the server) nor for Onyx (so I cannot test it). Thus, all I can do is to rely on others for testing.

When you select default folder, does everything work?

When you select some other folder, is its name shown correctly in Settings?

I presume that you created a folder by file browser and then selected it in the server by holding for longer time the folder and pressing select then in context menu. Right?

ZLIB error - does it come before you do anything or when you choose folder?

PS: don't be sorry for trying to make it working
Uninstalled everything, deleted cache, data, and config files, formatted sd card, and started all over and custom directory working fine now... I still get zlib erroe in terminal, but seems like server is running fine, based on Pure Maps behavior. I think libpng needs an update on SF, because the error is
Code:
harbour-osmscout-server: /usr/share/harbour-osmscout-server/lib/libz.so.1: version `ZLIB_1.2.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/libpng16.so.16)
Zlib has been updated, but libpng is still looking for the old version ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
So, just out of curiosity, i built zlib 1.2.9, and replaced all of my zlib/libz files with the 1.2.9 files, and I still get the same message, and also output of 'rpm -qi zlib' still shows 1.2.11. Not sure how I can change it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
There is still no 3.0.3 OBS target - hence we have to wait. See https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=597
seems like the target is here now....
see https://build.merproject.org/project...fishos:3.0.3.9

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
@P@t: thanks for heads up! There are few unresolvable errors I have to look into. Current status at https://build.merproject.org/project...e:rinigus:maps

Those with 3.0.3.x, can try to install

- osmscout-server
- mapboxgl-qml

from 3.0.3.9 repository. Will be made available as soon as I will resolve the issues and build will complete.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Dec 2015 @ Spain
Same here. When I try to run OSMScout-server from terminal in Sailfish 3.0.3.9 I get:

Code:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ harbour-osmscout-server
harbour-osmscout-server: /usr/share/harbour-osmscout-server/lib/libz.so.1: version `ZLIB_1.2.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/libpng16.so.16)
If I run directly from icon in GUI, everything seems to run fine.

Hope you can find a solution. Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ferlanero For This Useful Post:
I am mainly looking fr solution that would allow me to use the same RPM SPEC file to compile for 3.0.3.x and 3.0.2.x. If impossible, will have to make a new version of SPEC and go for that.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
I am mainly looking fr solution that would allow me to use the same RPM SPEC file to compile for 3.0.3.x and 3.0.2.x. If impossible, will have to make a new version of SPEC and go for that.
Isn't 3.0.3 available for all devices? I can see no drawbacks to update to 3.0.3 over 3.0.2, so why make an effort to keep it supported on <= 3.0.2? Perhaps I'm egoistic now, but I'd prefer having a working osm scout server on my 3.0.3 device, than having a working version on someone else's <3.0.3 device

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Isn't 3.0.3 available for all devices? I can see no drawbacks to update to 3.0.3 over 3.0.2, so why make an effort to keep it supported on <= 3.0.2? Perhaps I'm egoistic now, but I'd prefer having a working osm scout server on my 3.0.3 device, than having a working version on someone else's <3.0.3 device
I understand that line of thought perfectly, it just happens that <3.0.3 is my device - onyx . for unofficial devices, porting started few days ago and, as far as I can see, there are no success stories yet.

I'll see if I get a good solution on Monday via mailing list. If not, will have to make it "ugly"

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles