Hi there I did a search but couldn't find anything regarding my question. I just received my N800 the other day. I finally got the chance to search through the availble applications that can be installed on the unit. Anyway, I downloaded the FM radio application and trying to use it. I haven't been able to find it in any of the menus. Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks!

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
add the applet to the home screen by clicking on "Home" -> "Select Applets" and checking FM Radio. you can then select stations and make presets. make sure you plug your headphones in ALL THE WAY. some have had issues when that wasnt done. also the headphone act as the antennae and have to be plugged in, in order to receive fm signal.
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Greensboro, NC
There are several pages of instructions for the fm radio in the "Help" file stored in the N800. Select "Help" at the bottom of the list of items in the Task Manager > Applications (double file folder icon on the left side of the screen).

Also, you have to use an earphone and not the built in speakers because the earphone wires acts as an antenna.
"less is like more but better"

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Originally Posted by NokNok770 View Post
Also, you have to use an earphone and not the built in speakers because the earphone wires acts as an antenna.
You do have to use the headphones as an antenna but once they are plugged in I think you can set the unit to output sound through the speakers, I remember doing this a while ago but I haven't got my IT around right now to test.