Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by iball View Post
Kicking Nokia in the jimmy, one marketing exec at a time.
Could you perhaps, maybe, pick up the pace?

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
kicking???? hell , some of those *****s need to be castrated so they dont taint the rest of the gene pool. lol

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Does ITOS2008 at least still support the HWR -- however crappy it is?Or did Nokia dump that completely?
No major updates to hwr, unfortunately. Then again, there is the keyboard. It is faster - and more comfortable - than using the vkb or the thumb keyboard.

Since many people have asked about it: yes, the N810 screen is indeed transflective and nicer to use outside compared to the N800. In the upper left corner of the device is also an ambient light sensor, the brightness of the screen is automatically adjusted and the keyboard becomes backlit when used in a dark environment.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
will we have the option to leave the screen at max brightness (as i prefer) or do we yet again have no control over the power settings of our devices with out hacking the damn thing?

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
No major updates to hwr, unfortunately. Then again, there is the keyboard. It is faster - and more comfortable - than using the vkb or the thumb keyboard.
I'm not getting a N810 any time soon, thankyerverrimuch, but I'm probably going to upgrade my N800's ITOS to version 2008 and since I'm slowly getting used to the crappiness of the HWR, it'd be a major bummer (as in: "Goodbye, Nokia!") if Nokia had thrown it out.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
1 question for me which will make it a dealbreaker, how do you scroll while viewing a webpage with the keyboard closed and no access to the D-Pad ?

Are the only options then is your stylus or finger scrolling ? If this is true then it makes the N810 as a "Internet Tablet" pretty much useless, and one could then buy an EEE PC for less money and not a whole lot larger then the N810 opened..

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by TTgowings View Post
how do you scroll while viewing a webpage with the keyboard closed and no access to the D-Pad ?

Are the only options then is your stylus or finger scrolling ? If this is true then it makes the N810 as a "Internet Tablet" pretty much useless...
Really? I only use the stylus or my finger for scrolling on my N800 now. I don't care for the D-pad. TIMTOWTDI.

I think nokia made a mistake here. Not many n800 owners will be buying this unit. There's some nice changes, but there's a lot of negatives as well. And not enough changes to warrant buying a new one yet. I'll wait for the n900. When nokia stop being stupid and put the dpad on the outside of the keyboard.

Though with the keyboard you can run citrix and rdesktop more easily.
"less is like more but better"

Last edited by NokNok770; 2007-10-18 at 14:19.

Originally Posted by NokNok770 View Post
I think nokia made a mistake here. Not many n800 owners will be buying this unit. There's some nice changes, but there's a lot of negatives as well. And not enough changes to warrant buying a new one yet. I'll wait for the n900. When nokia stop being stupid and put the dpad on the outside of the keyboard.

Though with the keyboard you can run citrix and rdesktop more easily.

I don't think thier looking for many N800 users to upgrade. According to Tabletblog.com Thoughtfix did a video of the one of the Nokia guys saying that.

N770 = Uber Geek
N800 = Geek
N810 = General Consumers.

With the N810 they are trying to attract NEW everyday people with little tech experiance or linux experiance. But they also know they have a wide geek audiance, who swear by the N800, thats why they are going to support it for ITOS2008, and possibaly ITOS2008. So those devices are still viable.