Active Topics

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
I didn't understand: Do you mean "com.nokia.csd.Call" will no longer be present in Meego or are you saying Meego will no longer use a telepathy CM for GSM calls?
The path will probably be different, yes.
telepathy-ring is closed source, so they're definitely using something else.
You could ask in #meego on Freenode.

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Ok, so
- On N900, Maemo, it doesn't work. By "doesn't work" I mean that slots connected to dbus are never called.
- I tried dbus-send ... Introspect and it says that name com.nokia wasn't provided

So from that and from what you wrote it seems this is not right/working way. So
- I have to find other dbus paths, if I want to use dbus (QtDBus)
- telepathy-qt4 can not be used, if I understand you correctly
- or find something else (oFono)

Am I right?

EDIT:

I tried monitor dbus (dbus-monitor > watch.txt) and found some dbus addresses, but they're "org.freedesktop.Telepathy..." - so I can't use them, if I understand you right, because it works with telepathy which is not on meego...

Last edited by Laethnes; 2010-10-22 at 09:16.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
well, Mo is right, but theres no reason you can't use the telepathy ones now and than add the meego ones later when you know them?

As you can run code depending on what device it is being run on (Mo taught me that one!!)
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Yeah - you're totally right :3. I didn't realize, but I can create one class watching it and sending right signals and replace it when needed :3.

Hm, can I ask you for link to some simple tutorial explicating what everything in observeChannels method from TelepathyQt4 means? I read your examples and examples from internet over and over again and I just can't get it. I can understand, what the code does, but I can not understand it as a whole, to use it way we need. API doesn't help me too.

Or, we consider using oFone. But again, I can not find anything helping me how to use it. I just found 3 messages to DBus which we don't need. So if there is no solution to problem above, do you, please, know some simple tutorial about this?

EDIT:
I'm sorry, I finally found the problem - I didn't keep registrar pointer and it was just a local variable.

Original post:
Ok, I wrote simple example application based on your (uvatbc - http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=847272&postcount=4) application to learn how it works and I would like to ask you for help, because it's not working.

- I changed filter to TELEPATHY_INTERFACE_CHANNEL_TYPE_STREAMED_MEDIA
- I check, if ClientRegistrar::registerClient returns true and It does
- but method observeChannels is not called, when I dial and call a number
- I don't know how to check if my class is correctly registered
- Using dbus-monitor (redirect to file) I know that signals from telepathy-qt4 are sent and they are marked with StreamedMedia type.

So maybe I did something wrong and/or missed something.
- At the start of application, I create my class based on AbstractClientObserver and insert filter
- Then I connect its Log signal with my ui class Log slot showing informations
- Then I register it with ClientRegistrar
- registerClient returns true - it's shown in ui class through log system

Last edited by Laethnes; 2010-10-25 at 09:35.

Ok, again problem. Sorry.

This time it is detecting end of call - from API I found method status() in class Connection and signal statusChanged(), but status() always returns StatusUnknown and statusChanged is never emited. Am I looking at the wrong place?

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Originally Posted by Laethnes View Post
Ok, again problem. Sorry.

This time it is detecting end of call - from API I found method status() in class Connection and signal statusChanged(), but status() always returns StatusUnknown and statusChanged is never emited. Am I looking at the wrong place?

Could you paste the actual code you are using to detect end /start of a call?

Originally Posted by manjiri View Post
Could you paste the actual code you are using to detect end /start of a call?
Eh, I'm sorry, but now it will be impossible, because at start of the project, we committed it (svn) poorly and we replaced it with some other code which colleague founded somewhere.

Note; I'm using now telepathy observer and it works fine. (Btw. about that status: I don't know where problem is, but it gives non-reliable info to me, but I found other way.)

Anyway, thanks everyone