A few weeks ago I finished migrating to my Nokia 770 with GPE - but a system hang left me with the following message from GPE/Contacts:

"malformed database schema - unable to open a temporary database file for storing temporary tables"

I have a kingston 2GB memory card and tried to restore from backups, but it gets to 2% completion and then says: "Not enough memory on device. Delete some data first and try again." ...but I have 1.5GB available on the memory card. So apparently even though I have that extra memory, the built-in memory is quite limited. Is there a way to tell apps to use the memory card instead of the limited internal memory when they have data to store? I think what initially crashed my system was Maemo Mapper, which can store a lot of BIG map data and filled up the built-in memory - I'd like to be able to tell it to store its data on the MMC memory...

THANKS!!!! Patti

EDIT: I found some settings in Maemo Mapper to set the cache DB directory... but shouldn't there be a system-wide "temp" directory setting somewhere or does Maemo not use that?

Last edited by PattiM; 2008-01-07 at 22:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to PattiM For This Useful Post: