Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by romu View Post
@TMavica: Probably the opposite, no? I've some doubts the UI crashes WITHOUT MeeCast widget, or a lot of people would have complained about Sailfish UI bugs.
Please see my post. Also another one in the MeeCast thread. And this one.

It can happen with or without the MeeCast widget. I suspect that just updating the lockscreen triggers it. Any change: it could be either adding or removing a widget or a patch.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
My answer to TMavica was to say: "if you don't modify the lockscreen, I don't see why you should face UI crashes".

I agree with you because I installed MeeCast widget just 2 days ago, but the UI crashes appeared much before.

The Following User Says Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Hi, would it be possible to lockscreen music control recognize what player is open. So it could be used for all of them.

You can choose your player in the settings.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Yes, i know, but if you want to use some other player and not to go settings.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
@coderus Asking for logs or info which helps to trace the problem. Obviously there will be cases where just one person have the problem and it can't be traceable, but when two or more people have it, some work could be done. Writing instructions so people could get logs and help you or other developers to trace the problems, would be a great improvement.

I like your sarcastic answers but I understand that people could get them as offense when they just have a problem and want to solve it. So being more kind would upgrade you from hero to superhero

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
@coderus Asking for logs or info which helps to trace the problem. Obviously there will be cases where just one person have the problem and it can't be traceable, but when two or more people have it, some work could be done. Writing instructions so people could get logs and help you or other developers to trace the problems, would be a great improvement.

I like your sarcastic answers but I understand that people could get them as offense when they just have a problem and want to solve it. So being more kind would upgrade you from hero to superhero
there is really nothing what can be logged. and i'm not doing blind programming, sorry

Here's something you can try to reproduce the lock screen controls not appearing -bug:

1. Open the stock media player & play a song
2. Swipe back to homescreen
3. Swipe down to turn off display
4. Let the music play for a while (like a minute or so)
5. Turn on the dislpay and the controls widget is not there

Maybe this helps to trace it. And I dont mind sarcastic comments as long as these nice patches keep coming, big thanks to coderus!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to synt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by synt View Post
Here's something you can try to reproduce the lock screen controls not appearing -bug:

Maybe this helps to trace it. And I dont mind sarcastic comments as long as these nice patches keep coming, big thanks to coderus!
Happy to see I'm not the only one with this issue.

1st try : System ui crashed
2nd: Sequence sounds great, I've reproduced the issue with these instructions.

Great, this means fix is closer than ever!

EDIT: I've also seen that if the widget is not visible, switch off/on the screen can make it visible again, but doesn't work at 100%.

Last edited by romu; 2015-02-06 at 13:49.

Originally Posted by synt View Post

I can confirm this bug aswell ! after a minute or so the lipstick.service just restarted automatically . most probably it crashed .

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os