Notices

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Pondokgede, Indonesia
hello,

after almost a year using the mighty n900, enjoying all the apps and the features (especially the 720p support, subtitles and codecs, so much for movie enthusiast).

but as an amateur filmmaker i wonder if there's any filmmaking apps for n900, if there's none may i ask requests about it? i hope you guys don't mind.

alot of tablets and phones have already features like movie slate, and even live wifi camera preview.

here's some ideas if there's anyone have time to develop :
-Formatted Scenario / Scriptwriting App (like final draft, celtx, etc)
-Clapperboard / Movie Slate.
-Depth of Field Calculator
-Cine Light Meter
-Director's Viewfinder simulator
-Photo Colour Correction app

there's still alot of possibilities, but personally i think those are the most plausible and practical apps on n900. please share your thoughts on this.

i'm sorry i don't have any programming / software engineering skills, but i would do my all to help and make these apps happens.

thank you =)
Andhika

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ndhikaa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Thank you.
As it is, I find even drawing and photoediting programs lacking.
Let me see... MyPaint is brush-based to the extent that I don't see pixels-grid, cannot zoom in, and can never be sure whether the color will be exactly as I expected (or half-transparent). Some people create wheek-masterpieces in it, though. And it's good for drawing clouds. Which take shape of tortoise...
Default Sketch doesn't have zoom in, either. At least, it's easier to understand and control. But Microsoft's Paint on Windows 2000-XP had-has more features, without restricting size of the canvas.
Pen-Pen may be good for sketching and writing down some notes. However, as a vector-format-sketcher, it's not welcomed by me. I have no control over it; no precision.
So far, the best option to do something vector-based for me is to type an SVG. For origami-instructions, for instance. And the best option for something raster-based, especially a small icon, is XPaint - it has zoom and changeable canvas size.
XPaint's largest drawback is its confusion about transparency and rotation. I cannot trust the results after pleading it to 'transform' (rotate or move) an icon - the whole transparency layer becomes buggy.
Liqflow is interesting... when it works. It has unrealized potential.
In photograph editing, I would like:
0) two-dimensional panorama; rotational or sliding or hybrid;
1) the option of applying filters to part of image, and not the whole photograph (like, leaving a wall clock or an automobile true-colour, and turning everything else black-and-white);
2) rotate by degree, transparency, emboss, invert colours... Just take a look at old Microsoft Photoeditor. It used to be installed on Windows 2000.
I rarely ever draw anymore because the N900's touchscreen is already losing bits and pieces of glass. Small, outer layer, but still...
That's one of the reasons I find liqflow so interesting. By the way, has anybody ever done anything similar to VU meter, but for accelerometer? So that accelerometer data could be logged, the log displayed, and complex rules written down for events to happen when a 'threshold' is reached?
Best wishes. Thank you.
Have you ever seen an audio-file editor on N900? Can you recommend one? The best recorder seems to be Orechiette, so far.
P.S. And, since Qalendar introduced new kind of datepicker, with weekdays written under the numbers - is it possible to somehow make it so that the whole system uses the same (new?) kind of date-picker, instead of having it different between applications?

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Pondokgede, Indonesia
hehehe. yes sir that's why i'm curious about creative aspects for this phone.

i personally don't expect uber audio (or even video) editing on n900. if there's any stable and working one (which i doubt) would make the win and mac desktops/laps replaced.

what i have in mind is just about doing simple things, and to show people how the upcoming artworks would be (when a pre production is all about concept and referrences)

and some little handies stuff n900 used to be. out of filmmaking i treat this phone more like a swiss army knife. with some hopes to do more.

Last edited by ndhikaa; 2013-10-19 at 14:50.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ndhikaa For This Useful Post:

Tags
applications, cinema-n900, filmmaking, fremantle, maemo 5