Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
I had this issue just an hour ago. Have you got quick voice input installed? If so, uninstall that, then reboot. Fixed it for me.

edit: very slow reply, forgot to press the reply button.

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by Dazsa View Post
SOLVED!!! A friend found out quickvoice input caused this problem, you just have to delete Quickvoice and reboot the phone and the keyboard will be back!
I wish I had been more patient. Already flashed...

Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Today after reboot I got ALL keyboard disappeared (italian, swipe and quick voice). In settings i see 0 keyboard installed and no one to choose from... is there a way to try before flashing? Thanks in advance...

Uninstall quickvoive and that should fix it

The Following User Says Thank You to Vromoth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
All of my VKB's with the exception of the opera keyboard seem to have disappeared. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

In settings active input method has nothing under it.
Installed input methods (0)
No keyboards installed
Swype and settings are present, but skype itself does not bring up any keyboard.

I am flashing my device as I'd intended to anyway, but I am very curious about what could have happened.

I only installed apps a couple of apps from the store, unsuccessfully tried to SSH into my phone yesterday night. I have N9QTweak installed and the phone is incepted but Its been that way a really long time now.

Is the flasher available anywhere else?
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php
This link is down...

Interesting... had the very same problem. I dont have Quick voice installed, but I have Voice input installed... one thing I do remember is using it once, then the next time I was offline... it is possible that this caused the keyboards to disappear, but going online/restarting hasn't helped.

Edit: Uninstalling Voice input did not help.

Last edited by danested; 2013-02-10 at 17:35.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
2 duplicate threads have been merged into here.

Everybody PLEASE search before creating new threads and danested if you post in one thread with the same issue DO NOT create a parallel thread too!

I had typed it out, and when I posted it i saw a similar thread under it, i did NOT create a parallel thread on purpose

The Following User Says Thank You to danested For This Useful Post:
Quick Voice version 1.7 didn't cause keyboards to disappear, if you have the old version, would you please PM it to me?

i must agree after a day or so of pulling my hair out trying to get keyboards back, and a system drive crash on computer out of the way, nothing worked. found this thread (now that im back onlne) and i uninstalled quick voice and rebooted. keyboards are back in full

Tags
keyboard