Hello all!

I think copy & paste text in N900 is really poor. I thought that N900 is more like computer. I want to copy any text in any applications, like calender notes sms yea you name it. Is it something I allready can do or is it really missing?

Last edited by chemist; 2010-03-22 at 13:37. Reason: status

The Following User Says Thank You to Djinn1982 For This Useful Post:
You can't use the swipe motion (which I think is pretty odd how the UI isn't consistent across Nokia apps).

But there's the good old ctrl+c to copy and ctrl+v to paste.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Sure, Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V, but I have been unable to mark text to copy in many situations when I wanted to.

Yeah.. some apps are tricky. I didn't even realize I could highlight in conversations till a few weeks ago (slide left from the bezel onto the screen).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I know the ctrl-c and v but I think they should make it so you can mark every text where ever you want. That shoud not be hard.

You can highlight the conversation but can you mark a speciall text in the conversation like the name phone etc. I dont think it work

Last edited by Djinn1982; 2010-03-18 at 05:36.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
In conversation swipe from left off screen to right - an arrow will show up. Click on the arrow and it should show a red line through it. now you can select any text.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreatGonzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
better copypaste is coming at least to email:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5033
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Afaik you cant copy just any text at a desktop OS so some of your points are invalid. However, if you like to brainstorm how marking&copy should work within apps and if there should be an api be invented for it feel free to start a brainstorm! Let me know about what you gonna do by using "Report This" button and I will either move or change the status of this thread.

One trick which sometimes work, is to use CTRL A to mark everything, then CTRL C to copy it to clipboard, and then go to any text editor and CTRL V paste the text there for editin that out what you do not want.

I've made a proposal that shortcutd would have user configurable menus, where one could also put "emit-key-foreground ^A" (and ^C, ^V); so one wouldn't have to open physical qwerty-keyboard in these cases where application does not have clipboard tools in its program menu.
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9646

Last edited by zimon; 2010-03-22 at 13:46.

Tags
applications, copy, n900, paste, text