Code:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!            Everything you do,               !!
!!      you do at your own peril and risk.     !!
!!                                             !!
!!      I do not bear any responsibility       !!
!!          for your faulty devices.           !!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First I would like to thank elros34, mal, adampigg and all the Sailfish OS porter guys who helped me to make this port.
Thank you very much, guys!

Requirements:
Before you start to download anything, please read all this carefully.
The first requirement is your device must be rooted and you should be able to install a custom recovery (preferably TWRP) onto it.

Installation instructions:
1. Download all files, LOS14.1 zip, Sailfish OS zip and kernel*.img to the external SD card on the phone
2. Reboot into TWRP (Hold buttons: Power on + Home + Volume up)
3. Do a factory reset
4. Still in recovery, flash the LOS14.1 image
5. Still in recovery, flash Sailfish Os image
5. Still in recovery, flash kernel*.img into boot partition
8. Reboot
9. Enjoy the latest (4.0.1.48) Sailfish OS on your Galaxy Note (N7000)
You will need patience as the first boot will take for a while. Then you can go through the initial Sailfish OS set up.

This Sailfish OS Android HAL based on LOS 14.1.

Downloads:

Problems/Solutions:

Apps from Openrepos
Apart from the Jolla store, there are plenty of other, community made apps in Openrepos. There is a user-friendly app to install/remove apps from this source called Storeman. It can be downloaded and install from this location: Storeman

Debug/login/troubleshooting:
In Ubuntu, connect USB cable. telnet 192.168.2.15 2323 or SSH nemo@192.168.2.15.

Notes:
  • On Sailfish OS, as it is a Linux system, you cannot install/run any android apps.

How to make a backup/restore with TWRP:
You can boot into TWRP with the usual button combination (Hold buttons: Power on + Home + Volume up) and can make backup/restore.

Changelog:

=========
Work:
  • Screen
  • Touch
  • IMEI number is detected
  • Sensors (Rotation, Acceleration, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Proximity) - Except Light
  • GPS
  • The softkeys (each side of the home button) work as notification leds
  • Wifi
  • MTP
  • Calls incoming/outgoing
  • Messages incoming/outgoing
  • Mobile data
  • S-Pen works as a mouse. To make the cursor visible you need to do some manual work as Patchmanager doesn't yet work on sfos 4.0:
    1. install mousetracker
    2. amend '/var/lib/environment/compositor/droid-hal-device.conf' file, add the -plugin evdevmouse:abs:/dev/input/event9 to the end of LIPSTICK_OPTIONS. (That line should look like this:
      Code:
      LIPSTICK_OPTIONS=-plugin evdevtouch -plugin evdevkeyboard:keymap=/usr/share/qt5/keymaps/droid.qmap -plugin evdevmouse:abs:/dev/input/event9
    3. as final step copy this compositor.qml into /usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/
      (Rename the existing one in there first!)
  • External SD card detected and mounted to /run/media/nemo/_sdcard_name_ (where _sdcard_name_ is the name of the sd card when it was formatted like 4B93-785B)
  • Home button and the Back soft button
  • Vibra
  • Pixel ratio and icons set to 1.25
  • Audio is routed to headphone if that presents
  • Camera front/rear (only for taking pictures)
  • Jolla store
  • findutils is installed by default (updatedb and locate commands work out of the box)
  • Torch
  • the charging icon does work properly however there is a little delay
  • can boot into TWRP recovery with the usual button combination (hold buttons: Power on + Home + Volume up)
  • kernel and recovery .img can be flashed from TWRP (no need for PC to flash Sailfish OS, kernel and recovery)
  • Low Power Mode (AKA "sneak peek" or "ambient display") works (install instruction is in this post)

Do not work:
  • Bluetooth
  • Light sensor is turned off
  • Video recording (WIP)
  • Video playback (WIP - until you can use Kodi for playing videos)

Just like with the S2 (i9100) there is an extra little issue is a delay in screen refresh.

Battery life:
In my experience the battery life is good. (Although the battery I have in the device is VERY old.)

Last edited by edp17; 2021-03-25 at 13:15.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:

Tags
galaxy note, n7000, sailfishos