Notices

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by MiBi View Post
Thanks desiv. Did not use search because it was my first post made with my N810 and internettablettalk is really a pain (read sluggish and slooowww) when used with the devvice it is made for

Now this was my second

Cheers MiBi
You're right that the homepage is slow. But the search function and page is fast. Bookmark and use the first Newbie link in my signature.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
I am feeling neglected, so I'll repost:

While using Canola2 B8 if I disconnect from the network almost every time the next time I do some action in Canola, or even not in Canola it turns out, the entire tablet crashes. So - if I am home listening to something then go out for a walk with the n800 it will crash. I say almost every time, as I am not 100% sure, but it did happen to me 3 times today. Is there some additional info that would be helpful here?

Sincerely thanks for the great product and support!

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Just updated to Beta8. I also had this issue with earlyer Canola Beta7.

Canola does show big pictures quite slow. Digicamera makes pics that are 2-3mb. I now that I should resize them for internettablet. But for somereason Quiver Image Viewer does show pics lot faster.

Also it would be nice if you could change picture display time when use slideshow.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
handful , is there going to be an option to sort how photo albums are displayed? Example:
I have a folder named "Cars" and in that are subfolders for pics of different cars.... in the list id want it to show "Cars first the the subfolders.."Solstice" , "Sky" , "Mustang" etc. curently it shows the subfolders first and "Cars" last. This drives me nuts! LOL

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Ottawa, ON
Originally Posted by handful View Post
@mwiktowy : We will take a look in this issue. It seems pretty funny because the photo view has not changed too much : / actually almost nothing in the latest betas I believe.

Anyways, if this is happening we will take a look. Can you send (of course if it'not too personal etc) a couple of those 2.5 -3.5 pictures to my email? so we can benchmark it with your files? Maybe we have a bug in a parser library that is causing the slowdown : /
the email to send is a gmail account, user name : handful
Done. Enjoy the elk.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
I am feeling neglected, so I'll repost:

While using Canola2 B8 if I disconnect from the network almost every time the next time I do some action in Canola, or even not in Canola it turns out, the entire tablet crashes. So - if I am home listening to something then go out for a walk with the n800 it will crash. I say almost every time, as I am not 100% sure, but it did happen to me 3 times today. Is there some additional info that would be helpful here?

Sincerely thanks for the great product and support!
joshua : sorry but as you really are point out on your text, this probably is not related to Canola itself : /I think what's happening is that when any applications checks for the network again, it is crashing. I will see with the guys if there's a way to you to help us at least diagnostic the problem. But this seems to be out of our area of help : / and we are really facing working force problems so we will not be able to really help. did you post this in Maemo bugs ? I think it's probably a platform bug, but in order to say that : you must have a way to consistent replicate the bug, and others also need to replicate. Did you install something that deals with Wifi? Some kind of scanning software or something? that was too unstable and maybe is messing with the connectivity? We don't do anything but check if you are connect. We don't even try to connect ...

Br

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
Originally Posted by handful View Post
joshua : sorry but as you really are point out on your text, this probably is not related to Canola itself : /I think what's happening is that when any applications checks for the network again, it is crashing. I will see with the guys if there's a way to you to help us at least diagnostic the problem. But this seems to be out of our area of help : / and we are really facing working force problems so we will not be able to really help. did you post this in Maemo bugs ? I think it's probably a platform bug, but in order to say that : you must have a way to consistent replicate the bug, and others also need to replicate. Did you install something that deals with Wifi? Some kind of scanning software or something? that was too unstable and maybe is messing with the connectivity? We don't do anything but check if you are connect. We don't even try to connect ...

Br

Marcelo
Thanks for the reply - I no longer feel neglected. =)

Sorry I wasn't clear. This only happens when Canola is running. It happens if I do anything with Canola when the wifi goes from on to off. Either way let me know if I can do anything to help diagnose this issue for me. If it is just me, as it seems, perhaps there is something I installed that is actually causing this problem. I know I don't have any scanning software... Who knows. Maybe Diablo will fix it... Thanks!

Hi Joshua:

Ok, this is really odd, because a lot of people use canola (and the wifi connection for internet radio / youtube etc ) so this would probably be posted like hell here already.

Thus we need to treat it as a "more" individual problem for now (until others appears : /)

So first question :

a. what softwares do you have installed? do you have any "devel" repositories (this are some development repos, with software that is really unstable / alpha...

b. Could you run canola with -vv on terminal ? (just type on xterm : canola -vvv )
then do the steps you need at least a little bit before crashing, so you can grab the output (probably a error) and send to us?

c. Send us the steps you do exactly to replicate it

d. have you tried (I know it sucks) the flashing of the os2008 you have? (and test before recovering the backup) ?

Thanks in advance for the info!

Marcelo

I'm having an issue with Canola recognizing the tags on some of my music. It is picking up the composer line in my tag and using that for genre. This isn't happening for all albums. At this point it is just 4 of them. It makes it very difficult to browse by genre, and play by genre though.

Thanks for the great work
hal

EDIT:

I forgot to say that I had installed audio tag tool, and looked at the tags with that, and it recognized showed the tag for genre to be correct.

Last edited by hfw01; 2008-05-02 at 03:35. Reason: more info...

hfw01 :

We already did some changes on the scanner, there was indeed a bug related to this, I hope you can test again once the new version is out!

Marcelo