Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi you can always search the threads specially this one in the beginning

This is one of the 2 known issues: actually is not a bug, we are following the protocol as last.fm recommends, and seems that people with time different times zone will not login.

So can you (just for login ) correct your time zone (on your settings) in your regular interface and try again ? you can look at the beginning of this threads that some people had this problem and solved by changing.

We are going to update the plugin with a less "demanding" logging, dropping the need for a correct time zone.

Br

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Originally Posted by handful View Post
DrPill, it was supposed to be doing that.. if not I will for sure add this to the list!
this is a must for any last.fm user

Marcelo
Ah, good to hear! Then I guess my request is actually a bug report after all, because I'm definitely not getting tracks scrobbled unless I listen to them while online.

Thanks again for all your efforts. Canola is by far my favorite app for the tablet. I think that having a portable player scrobbling your tunes is a real breakthrough, and for me it makes Last.fm a truly valuable resource for the first time.

Hello, Marcelo!

Just wondering whether you have managed to duplicate the last.fm-stops-after-playing-a-song bug? I looked at the debug messages printed when a last.fm song finishes playing (and the plugin gets stuck) but it prints nothing, just stops.

Yes FMS, we did, I told you there it's a bug betwen the common player x the last.fm player. It happens if you have shuffle and repeat ON in the default music player (inside canola) no the platform one.

So for now, to avoid that... you need to make sure the music player has the 2 options off.

Marcelo

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
Love Canola2. That said, I am trying hard here to get LastFm going. In both Canola2 and an effort through Vagalume it keeps tripping at a song request and returns an "unknown error' from Canola2. I do get signed in o.k. and the album art comes up with a particular title and then the error message. In Vagalume, I get a "connection error" in much the same way.
My WiFi, is at 30% indoors and reading 54mb/s. Streamtuner for example works fine.
Any thoughts as to why the error?

Hi iontruo2 :

We are trying to find out what's happening. If is happening to both, I believe it can be a mix of a unexpected network event + something related to the gstreamer pipe responsible for streaming / playing the file : /

We are after this one, and if we fix it will be on the next update!

Marcelo

I'm getting the same problem as iontruo2. Everything was tip-top until sometime last night. What on earth happened?

Hi Daron,

I really don't know exactly what it is, but we didn't change anything since the launch that I can guarantee. Did you guys install other applications in the meantime?

Marcelo

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
Originally Posted by daron_j View Post
I'm getting the same problem as iontruo2. Everything was tip-top until sometime last night. What on earth happened?
same thing here. I didn't install anything. In fact it was working earlier in the day. I then decided to listen to something else and that's when I got the error. Perhaps it's a last.FM bug?

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
Hi Handful! Thanks for your reply.
Actually I was installing on a pretty much clean new OS2008 and memory cards were blank as I was starting fresh. Canola2 was already installed and I had just installed Vagalume prior to establishing a LastFm account on line via my MacBook. Vagalume would 'connect'- 'sign in', and allow an artist input and then would stall at the actual play point with error message. Subsequently I uninstalled it. Then I realized Canola2 was fully capable too.
Much the same occurred. When a song was chosen and was about to play, it did get as far as the title and album cover loaded, before the error message in Canola2.

I have not at this stage had it work at all for me. So this problem occurred from a fresh setup. Not sure if that point really helps, but it does appear others had theirs working previously.

Thanks again for a great product Handful. Hopefully I can get this plug-in working too.