newsbot | Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2005
[LINK:
http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/nonactivated_select_carrier/1,1891,phonecode:770,00.html]
Nokia USA has updated it`s online store again to say explicitly that new
orders for the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet are expected to be shipped by
December 30, 2005. This is to fulfill a large number of backorders.

Well, it seems line Nokia is going to, at last, ship the Nokia 770`s that
have been pre-ordered.

For those who haven`t ordered yet and can`t wait for December 30, it might
be worth checking out your local [LINK: /content/view/142/2/] CompUSA store
if they already have the Nokia 770 already in stock....
Read the full article.

*phew*! Thank God!

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Obviously this is good news. To nitpick, the Nokia message says the company is currently fulfilling backorders.

I know everyone here is hoping that means the November orders will arrive well before the end of the month.

Guys, I called them, and apparently you have to be on the "first shipment" to recieve it before the 30th.

So basically, if you ordered before, like, the 25th or something, you'll be fine.

I received an email requesting that I reconfirm by phone my order which was from November 14th. (or they would cancel in 72 hours). When I called the clerk confirmed that they had stock and were starting to ship, after reconfirmation.

After reading scsfello's message just now, I checked my email and sure enough, I've got one of those notes from Nokia as well. I immediately called then and was told that there is no problem with the order, the email was sent out because of some error in their system and that I should ignore the email. I was also told that they are still waiting for the 770 to arrive (but I figure this is a randomly generated response -- at least I didn't get the "Godzilla has destroyed all 770s" or "It was all just a radio hoax, sucker!" responses).

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2005 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by Stickarm
After reading scsfello's message just now, I checked my email and sure enough, I've got one of those notes from Nokia as well. I immediately called then and was told that there is no problem with the order, the email was sent out because of some error in their system and that I should ignore the email. I was also told that they are still waiting for the 770 to arrive (but I figure this is a randomly generated response -- at least I didn't get the "Godzilla has destroyed all 770s" or "It was all just a radio hoax, sucker!" responses).
Be careful. When I called, the lady had to "re-confirm" my order, or she said it would have cancelled. A number of other folks also had the same experience. I wonder if the person you called might just have missed the memo. Maybe it would be good to give them one more call to make sure your order is still "confirmed".
http://www.markandjo.com/markblog

I received the same message from Nokia, order confirmation, wanting me to call customer support within the next 72 hours or they would cancel my order. When I called they wanted to confirm my order info. I asked why and they said they do this.... I asked, "for everyone?" They said "for most." I think it was interesting. I also asked abut shipment and was told either mid-December or earlier. I voiced my concern about seeing these devices available in retail stores when pre-orders are not being shipped. It was quiet after that. Thus, the call ended.

Originally Posted by mk500
Maybe it would be good to give them one more call to make sure your order is still "confirmed".
Good advice -- I'll do that. Thanks!

I received a similar e-mail yesterday (unfortunately, I didn't see it until this morning), and called this morning to confirm my credit card info. They told me it would ship out of the warehouse within 24 hours.