Notices

With the original email application on my N810 I get a flashing envelope bottom-left of the screen and the blue LED flashing fast when I get a new email. I can then touch the envelope and see a list of subjects of the new mails, and I can touch one of these to read the mail. Fantastic!

So then I wanted to use Gmail/IMAP and discovered that the default mail app can't cope with Google's broken implementation, so I installed Modest. This also has tight integration with the mail notifier wotsit so I still get the flashing envelope and blue LED, and the list of messages. Still fantastic.

But Modest is prone to crashing.

So then I discovered Claws-mail, and I'm giving that a try. The major downside is that it doesn't appear to integrate at all with the mail notifier wotsit - no flashing envelope, no flashing LED, no list of emails. I know Claws has a System Tray Icon plugin, but that only runs when Claws is running, which I'd rather not do as it chews memory and makes my N810 run slowly when I want to run some other app.

At the moment I've uninstalled Modest and duplicated my account settings in the default email app. That way I get notifications, and I have to remember to fire up Claws to do the reading, not touch on the list.

So the question is - how do I get Claws-mail to work with the email notifier thingy?

Thanks
Kev

The Following User Says Thank You to kbro For This Useful Post:
I am going to bump this up as I am trying to do the same thing. I can get it to do pretty much everything I want with the tray icon but wish to just have it use the default email notifier if possible. 2 More questions if anyone can help.

1. Is there any way to disable the receiving pop3.blabla that pops up in the right corner of the screen? it is pretty intrusive and I have yet to find the setting to do so

2. is there any way to make claws the default mail program on the unit. for example I have my speed contacts set up on my main screen. If I click on the email option it will still open up the default which is not helping anyone Thanks for looking and for the possible answers you post

The Following User Says Thank You to mrdally204 For This Useful Post: