Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
T-Mobile USA implements this on the server side as a feature called "Family Allowance", though it isn't free. I think it's $4.99.

It allows you to have a white/black list (total of 10 I think) and also budget minutes/downloads/texting. Requires you to at least have two lines of service on one account though (not necessarily a family plan)

+1 for having this as a free feature on the client side though. Would be especially useful for those of us that only have a single line.

oh, I'm still looking forward to getting a call/SMS blocker for a certain group of people, or whitelist will also do for me. This kind of apps are quite popular in symbian system, but seems no any app can do that in maemo yet .

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Hafnia
Any news here? Would also be very interrested in a app like this...

I do use e90 on symbian with Blacklist on board and that works amazing. You can block all or enable all you want or desire. Have now n900 but can not fully use it because of lack of Blacklist and Handy safe as well. Hope that two app. will come asap.

In addition to the basic blacklist/whitelist, I would like to see a feature ,similar to "call filter" that was available for treo phones, that will quarantine calls and texts for viewing later. Basically, there is no indication that a call or text was received until the password protected program is opened. I would gladly pay $ for this.

Me too I'm waiting for this app.

I've tried to look up maemo 5 API, but it seems to me that no communication phone ones are present.

is there any app in extra-dev doing similar function?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
i am starting blacklist -style app development with my friend and my task is to create software for maemo5. if you want help, send a message to me.

in nutshell: database in server where numbers for telephone salespersons numbers are stored and that's all we got now.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
i am starting blacklist -style app development with my friend and my task is to create software for maemo5. if you want help, send a message to me.

in nutshell: database in server where numbers for telephone salespersons numbers are stored and that's all we got now.
woo, that's a great news!!!! Hope this app will be available soon. Besides, the blacklist you are doing is only for incoming calls or for both calls and sms?

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post

Any possibility of the quarantine feature I mentioned above?