Posts: 96 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Turkey
I have a problem with sharing any file via bluetooth to my laptop. After choosing bluetooth in sharing menu my laptop does not show up neither in paired nor unpaired devices section. And transfer fails immediately. Normally in settings-device-bluetooth laptop is shown succesfully. This is second time i am having this problem. At first after rebooting/pairing/unpairing too many times the problem had gone.

Do you have any idea about the cause of this problem?

The screenshots are below. In first screenshot my device shows up in settings menu well. But in second one it does not.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
What OS are you using on your laptop?

did you try the app "Petrovich"?

Pc os is windows 7 Home Basic 64 bit

And I have no idea what Petrovich is. I will search though.

On Win7 you have to open this setting called "Receive a file"...

Just type it in the start menu and you can see it has both send/receive a file only after you choose to receive a file can you click send from the n9 for a successful transmission...

Originally Posted by herdem09 View Post
And I have no idea what Petrovich is. I will search though.
Forget it. It is a N900 app ...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
On Win7 you have to open this setting called "Receive a file"...

Just type it in the start menu and you can see it has both send/receive a file only after you choose to receive a file can you click send from the n9 for a successful transmission...
This is not first time i am using bt between n9 and my pc. It was working flawlessly before. And the "receive a file" menu you mention depends on the bt hardware and software. For my laptop it is not necessary to click sth like receive file. And actually there is not such option in start menu anyway.

Originally Posted by herdem09 View Post
This is not first time i am using bt between n9 and my pc. It was working flawlessly before. And the "receive a file" menu you mention depends on the bt hardware and software. For my laptop it is not necessary to click sth like receive file. And actually there is not such option in start menu anyway.
Although I don't know what to advice you on but since I don't have Win 7 running now I had to Google to prove that there IS indeed the receive a file option; its under the Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard which if you type in the Start Menu will be searched and shown to you...I had said "type" not browse the Start Menu for it

Anyway hope you resolve your issue...

Thanks for your advice. Yes you are right, normally in the start menu there can be an option like you said. But mine does not have this after i typed it to start menu. However I think my problem is more related to n9. Thank you.

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Maybe you have a different Bluetooth stack for Windows instead of the original one. Sometimes when you put the computer to sleep and resume it, the Bluetooth driver stops working. You have to put it to sleep and resume it again to get it running again. It's just a thought.. try it, maybe it'll work then.

Since the laptop isn't being detected but other devices are, it doesn't seem to be related to the N9.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke