Active Topics

Hello once again...

I have this little problem with WebView element using QML language. When the page loads (e.g. Google) and I try to click the TextField component in order to search for something.

At first click, it sets the focus to the component. But that does not display a keyboard for me to write in it. When I click the same component again it displays the keyboard.

If I click the TextField component once that it gets the focus (but the keyboard has not yet come visible) and then I click somewhere else (not a link!) it gets the focus out of the component. Now if I click the component again it just gets the focus but keyboard won't show up.

So basicly everytime I want to write something in TextField component using my own QML WebView application I need to click the TextField twice. Same thing happenes to TextArea and other similar components as well.

However if I decide to click the link as soon as the page loads there are no problems. It loads the new page immediately after the first click.

There's also another problem I'm having with my QML WebView. I can not select text inside TextField or any other similar components by dragging over it. No matter is it focused on or not.

Any ideas?

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Text selection needs a property set, enableMouseSelection or something. Regarding the clicking issue, I'm not sure it's related but you might want to look at the clickDelay (or similar) property, which rejects clicks less than some amount of time.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

I tried to seek something like that what you suggested but couldn't find any. But I managed to find an extended list of available variables for WebView component which has forceActiveFocus() function.

What's the difference between forceActiveFocus() and "WebView.focus = true"